VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Please forgive me if I missed a thread already covering this question previously. I am using an iMac which has Toast 15 installed which is a burning/dvd/blu-ray burning solution. I use software called iSkysoft media converter deluxe and have yet to receive an answer on the question of if it is possible to tweak settings to create the .mp4 AVC format file from an existing H.264 .mp4 AAC. The software approach in media converter is to allow you to select an option for example MP4 in the settings it only shows the ability to create AAC as part of the format. Anyway the reason I ask is Toast will transcode the video file (between 1.3GB and 1.4GB each) prior to the burning process. What are other software options to transcode the file format from the one into the other prior to burning the actual blu-ray recordable? I also can run windows 10 on the mac should the tool require it.

In the attached screenshot you can see some of the video formats you click after adding a video. It does scroll right or left depending on position.

I know this process takes a while just looking for something that may be more efficient in the process making it a little quicker to get the transcoding done. Computer specs are intel i5 quad core 24GB memory with standard 1TB hard drive as well as a 3TB external USB. Not great for this kind of thing but it will work for now.

Thank You,

MelRay
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	converter.png
Views:	123
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	38164  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by MelRay View Post
    if it is possible to tweak settings to create the .mp4 AVC format file from an existing H.264 .mp4 AAC.
    What are other software options to transcode the file format from the one into the other prior to burning the actual blu-ray recordable?
    AVC and H.264 are two names for the same thing.

So the question is about transcoding to Blu-ray compliant specs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes
    Quote Quote