VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder if anyone has seen this and has any constructive comments.

On blu discs (never noticed on DVDs) unit will cause a very slight video pause at intervals of anywhere from 12-25 minutes. It's as if it's buffering for a split second. Audio not affected, rewinding scene to the same spot will not repeat the artifact. Firmware updated, cables replaced, resets performed. I wonder if it's a firmware glitch that falls more onto Sony's lap? But curious if anyone has seen such a glitch?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does it do it on all discs or certain ones ?? are these store bought discs or ones you burnt yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does it on blu-ray only (not DVD), and I would say most, if not all. Being intermittent I'd have to start taking notes to see if any discs do not exhibit this.

Store bought discs. No rentals; all new and in perfect condition. No home burnt discs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    do you know about how old this blue ray player is ?? and have you tried contacting the manufacture about this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's 8 months old. I just got off a lengthy call with Sony, and they agreed to replace it under warranty. They're sending me a pre-paid return label, and thereafter will ship me another unit. Hopefully, no more issues after that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Goat,
    I've had the Sony BDP-S1500 (same physical form factor and manual as your BDP-S3500) for 11 months. The only problems I've had with it is if I poke the front panel Eject button (you can hear the microswitch click) sometimes it won't open the tray. It's like it's busy doing other things in the background and hasn't "polled" the Eject switch. Same thing happens with the Power On/Off front panel button. If you hold the button longer the function (Eject or Power On/Off), has a better chance of working. The Eject and Power On/Off signals from the remote works perfectly.

Yours has WiFi and my model doesn't. I don't have mine connected up to the internet as I use it for Blu-Ray and DVD disc playing only.

Things I would try:
    1) Turn off its WiFi
    2) Unplug it from the internet if it's CAT5 connected.
    3) Disable System Settings like Software Update, Gracenote settings, whatever might be trying to access the internet.
    4) Change the various Audio Settings like Turn On then Off Dolby D Compatible Output. Even though you say Audio is fine, the BDP-3500 might be having trouble "talking to" your TV or Amplifier.
    5) If you are using an external HDMI switch, try direct connect.

Hopefully, the replacement unit will be flawless but if it exhibits the same phenomenon, it seems like the player is busy doing something else and occasionally doesn't get back to filling the video buffer until it's too late.

creakndale
    Quote Quote