VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, Goop, but I rather not.

I believe that the UHD CREATOR download is fully functional, and simply stops working if not paid for.

Why not simply use the converter that is part of U C.

Eugene
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Eugene157 View Post
    DVDFAB UHD CREATOR

Very slowly but surely. :4 days ago - New! DVDFab x64 10.0.8.3 Beta is out (February 23, 2018)

Eugene
    Very, VERY slowly. I had 4 2160p MKV files, each file around 8Gb, and it took 2 DAYS for DVDFab UHD Creator to produce a file that could be burned to a 50Gb blank. I let the process play out because I wanted to see if this was a useful tool. In addition to the time it took, it gave no option for even a basic menu. I had a couple of questions and have had no response from DVDFab in 72 hours. I signed up for their User Forum as soon as I purchased the app, but have yet to receive a notice saying I'm "approved". As far as I'm concerned, this was a waste of $60. The MKV files burn easily with IMG and play beautifully via my Oppo 203 (as data files). I'll be contacting DVDFab on Monday and ask for a refund.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It was pointed out on this tread that there is no menu and that a 10bit GPU is needed for faster rendering.

Eugene
    Quote Quote  
  4. The lack of Menu was mentioned in this thread, but since it was shown as an option in the Demo, I (incorrectly) assumed that the latest build activated that option. As far as the time it took to render the four 4K mkv files to fit onto a 50Gb blank, my computer should be able to handle it. It's a Core i7 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, with 32 GB of RAM, a 64-bit Win 10 Pro OS, using an nVidia Quadro K2200 graphics card set at 10-bits. I've rendered out many 4K projects on this computer (from Adobe Premiere & Adobe After Effects) in a fraction of the time. Also, as noted in my previous post, I sent an e-mail to tech support at DVDFab and have yet to receive a response. Also no response to my request to join their Users Forum, and no response to the an e-mail I sent to them yesterday requesting a refund. The lack of response to requests for assistance tells me that this company is selling fish-oil, and they know it. I'll simply remove the app from my system and dispute the charge with my credit card company. This post is intended as a warning to anyone considering purchasing DVDFab UHD Creator. Don't waste your time and money.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HumGuy1 View Post
    The lack of Menu was mentioned in this thread, but since it was shown as an option in the Demo, I (incorrectly) assumed that the latest build activated that option. As far as the time it took to render the four 4K mkv files to fit onto a 50Gb blank, my computer should be able to handle it. It's a Core i7 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, with 32 GB of RAM, a 64-bit Win 10 Pro OS, using an nVidia Quadro K2200 graphics card set at 10-bits. I've rendered out many 4K projects on this computer (from Adobe Premiere & Adobe After Effects) in a fraction of the time. Also, as noted in my previous post, I sent an e-mail to tech support at DVDFab and have yet to receive a response. Also no response to my request to join their Users Forum, and no response to the an e-mail I sent to them yesterday requesting a refund. The lack of response to requests for assistance tells me that this company is selling fish-oil, and they know it. I'll simply remove the app from my system and dispute the charge with my credit card company. This post is intended as a warning to anyone considering purchasing DVDFab UHD Creator. Don't waste your time and money.
    here's the minimum system requirements to run the dvdfab UHD Creator tool - https://www.dvdfab.cn/uhd-creator.htm#tech_specs
    start dvdfab - in the upper right hand corner click the arrow - click common settings - AV codec - see what you have for encoding and
    decoding and if you have Lighting-shrink and Lighting-Recording selected.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The lack of Menu was mentioned in this thread, but since it was shown as an option in the Demo, I (incorrectly) assumed that the latest build activated that option. As far as the time it took to render the four 4K mkv files to fit onto a 50Gb blank, my computer should be able to handle it. It's a Core i7 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, with 32 GB of RAM, a 64-bit Win 10 Pro OS, using an nVidia Quadro K2200 graphics card set at 10-bits. I've rendered out many 4K projects on this computer (from Adobe Premiere & Adobe After Effects) in a fraction of the time. Also, as noted in my previous post, I sent an e-mail to tech support at DVDFab and have yet to receive a response. Also no response to my request to join their Users Forum, and no response to the an e-mail I sent to them yesterday requesting a refund. The lack of response to requests for assistance tells me that this company is selling fish-oil, and they know it. I'll simply remove the app from my system and dispute the charge with my credit card company. This post is intended as a warning to anyone considering purchasing DVDFab UHD Creator. Don't waste your time and money.
    As you know, HEVC is required for UHD Blu-ray, and according to DVDFab's website UHD Blu-ray Creator uses hardware acceleration for speedy HEVC encoding. (The website mentions CUDA and Intel Quick Sync, although not NVENC for some reason.) UHD Blu-ray Creator's software-based HEVC encoding it is much, much slower, and in your case, that appears to be what UHD Blu-ray Creator did.

A Intel Kaby Lake or Coffee Lake iGPU, or a Nvidia Pascal (with the exception of the GT 1030), Volta, or Turing GPU can provide the required hardware accelerated HEVC encoding, but earlier Intel iGPUs and Nvideo GPUs lack that feature. Based on its age, I don't think that the nVidia Quadro K2200 itself can provide hardware accelerated HEVC decoding or encoding, and it seems like your i7 is also of the wrong generation.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    As you know, HEVC is required for UHD Blu-ray, and according to DVDFab's website UHD Blu-ray Creator uses hardware acceleration for speedy HEVC encoding. (The website mentions CUDA and Intel Quick Sync, although not NVENC for some reason.) UHD Blu-ray Creator's software-based HEVC encoding it is much, much slower, and in your case, that appears to be what UHD Blu-ray Creator did.

A Intel Kaby Lake or Coffee Lake iGPU, or a Nvidia Pascal (with the exception of the GT 1030), Volta, or Turing GPU can provide the required hardware accelerated HEVC encoding, but earlier Intel iGPUs and Nvideo GPUs lack that feature. Based on its age, I don't think that the nVidia Quadro K2200 itself can provide hardware accelerated HEVC decoding or encoding, and it seems like your i7 is also of the wrong generation.
    Thanks. I appreciate the information (though still not pleased that the manufacturer has returned none of my e-mails).
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, my friends )
    I wonder about UHD Authoring too. I have Sony A6300 camera and today I tried DVDFab Creator 11. It was very slowly, because it converted MP4 (XAVC-S) video to M2TS (HEVC) I understand, that it is necessary. But I do not see any alternatives for home users, who need to create home video and see it on UHD-BD-Player. I saw, that bitrate of video decrease from 100mbit/sec to variable approx 40-46 mbit/sec why? I know, that maximum bitrate for BDMV - 40mbit, but UHD should support original bitrate approx 100 mbit...

As I read on this forum we can use only 3 programs:
    - DVDFab UHD Creator (cheap but without menu)
    - DVDLogic BD Author (costs too expansive many thousand of $$$)
    - HD Blu-ray Authoring Software (costs too expansive many thousand of $$$)

any other suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by follet View Post
    Hello, my friends )
    I wonder about UHD Authoring too. I have Sony A6300 camera and today I tried DVDFab Creator 11. It was very slowly, because it converted MP4 (XAVC-S) video to M2TS (HEVC) I understand, that it is necessary. But I do not see any alternatives for home users, who need to create home video and see it on UHD-BD-Player. I saw, that bitrate of video decrease from 100mbit/sec to variable approx 40-46 mbit/sec why? I know, that maximum bitrate for BDMV - 40mbit, but UHD should support original bitrate approx 100 mbit...

As I read on this forum we can use only 3 programs:
    - DVDFab UHD Creator (cheap but without menu)
    - DVDLogic BD Author (costs too expansive many thousand of $$$)
    - HD Blu-ray Authoring Software (costs too expansive many thousand of $$$)

any other suggestions?
    No. TSM2UHD and DVDFab UHD Creator are still the only UHD BD psueudo-authoring options intended for consumers. (Neither solution is licensed or certified by the Blu-ray Disc Association.)

UHD BD authoring wasn't included in Cyberlink PowerDirector 17 Ultra when it was released in September 2018. No announcements have been made so far regarding the possible addition of UHD BD authoring to Cyberlink PowerDirector 18 Ultra, which should be out in September of 2019. (Cyberlink has stated its intent to obtain BDA licensing and certification for its UHD BD authoring product if it decides to release one.)

[Edit]A lower bit rate is required because of the limitations of the most common types of BD media. The developer of TSM2UHD wrote the following explanation: "Bitrates! Remember, An original stream may not work as is -- as its maximum bitrate could exceed that of a BD-50 or BD-25 disc. I recommend you make sure the total of all streams does not exceed 50Mbs combined for BD-50 (absolutely no more than 64Mbs) and 35Mbs for BD-25."
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 12th Apr 2019 at 17:41.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
  10. I call it the trickle down effect

big studios
    small studios
    consumers

we're at small studio stage
    dvd logic just released software for small studios at 3000 euros

consumer stage - cyberlink, tmpgenc etc. will come along soon, guessing another year or two
    Quote Quote