VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just bought a DVD writer to back up my own DVD movies. For instance, I would like to backup 4-5 movies per blu ray.
    Do you have a guide? software to do this? any freeware way to do this?
    thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sendero View Post
    Just bought a DVD writer to back up my own DVD movies. For instance, I would like to backup 4-5 movies per blu ray.
    Do you have a guide? software to do this? any freeware way to do this?
    thanks in advance!
    Some people have mentioned multiAVCHD (free) or DVDFab DVD to Blu-ray Converter (not free) for doing this. You won't be able to keep the original menus.

I hope you meant to write "Blu-ray burner". DVD writers cannot burn Blu-ray media.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 9th Aug 2016 at 22:16.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    BD Rebuilder can do this, but I would use a couple of other tools as well. Decrypt the DVD movies and remove extras and menus by using MakeMKV on them. This will give you a MKV file for each movie. Put all four of these into one folder on your hard drive.

Then import the MKV files into BD Rebuilder by clicking File-->Import-->Video Files. Have your Output Target set to BD 25. BD Rebuilder will re-encode the movies to H264 and put everything in Blu-ray format. You'll have a very crude menu to select each movie. The whole process will take a considerable amount of time, unless you set the encoder to the High Speed option, and even then it will take hours.

Burn the output to a Blu-ray disc using ImgBurn.

If you'd rather not re-encode the videos and audio, things get trickier, but can be done.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    For multiAVCHD or other similar programs, go to their software page here and scroll down about half way and you should see a reference to some guides for the software.

For general guides, look to the upper left on this page under 'HOW TO' and you will see an index of all guides.

And for Blu-ray discs, I would only recommend Verbatim BD discs, such as: https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-Branded-Surface-50-Disc-98397/dp/B00GSQ4DBM?
    Quote Quote  
  5. thank you very much! I will test these options. Another question: a friend of mine told me that converting blu ray files to mpls and then burning them is another way...do you have any experience with this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sendero View Post
    Another question: a friend of mine told me that converting blu ray files to mpls and then burning them is another way...do you have any experience with this?
    If you already have a bluray files, there is no need to convert them. "MPLS" isn't the video files, those are m2ts files.

> https://www.videohelp.com/hd
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote