VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am simi new to video and I have a couple of questions. I am using a Canon Vixia G20 if it makes a difference.
    My questions concern lighting. I have new 85w and 105w daylight balanced bulbs, florescent spiral. The manufacture says the bulbs are defused. Do I need to use a defuser in addition or is the manufactures defusion sufficient? I am shooting people so a soft light is needed.
    Second, I am shooting at 1/60 with no gain at all. I have been told that this is by far the best quality. I have experimented with 1/30 and honestly didn't see a lot of difference. I typically shoot interviews however, not sprinters. And will small amounts of gain be detrimental to the quality?
    My goals are to get excellent quality but also increase depth of field. Currently I am shooting at 2.8, maybe f4 for light complected skin tones. With that, if the subject leans forward or back they often are slightly blurred.
    Can anyone help an old dog learn a new trick? THanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I changed your title. More title information will generally attract more replies.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote