VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Currently using Solveig Splitter to cut clips from my footage, but there doesn't seem to be a slow down/speed up option when I'm trying to cut clips. I don't want to watch the footagein its entirety again. Are there any video editors (preferably ones that allow you to open TS files) that can slow down/speed up footage?

Please do not suggest Sony Vegas or anything of that sort - I use that for the final product, and not cutting clips.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Cutting clips has little to do with speeding up/slowing down. Those use interpolation - a whole extra level of complicatedness. Thus, requiring an NLE and not just a trimmer/joiner. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Cutting clips has little to do with speeding up/slowing down. Those use interpolation - a whole extra level of complicatedness. Thus, requiring an NLE and not just a trimmer/joiner. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Scott
    This makes no sense to me. I think you misinterpreted my post, though I probably could have done a better job in explaining my problem. When I cut clips, I rely heavily on speeding up/slowing down the video, so that I use my time efficiently. I don't want watch the full footage at normal pace, and that's why I rely heavily on speeding everything up. I have used MP4Cutter, which gives me this option (contrary to your opinion), and it has worked wonders for me. Only issue I have right now... is that I'm using large 1080 TS files, and that's the reason for my post.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you're using Vegas to finish it's not clear why you need something else to pre-cut your clips.

Vegas has all the transport functions you are looking for (speeding up, fast scrubbing, frame by frame.) You can mark and subclip your selects and then edit from the subclips. This is a pretty standard workflow.
    Quote Quote