VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a way to use the USB interface on a laptop, using some device, in order to connect it to an amplifier?

I have a Behringer UCA202, and I thought I could use its RCA outputs to do that, but I get no sound.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My Behringer UCA202 doesn't qualify as simple external sound card?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by carlmart View Post
    My Behringer UCA202 doesn't qualify as simple external sound card?
    I don't know. But you said it doesn't work. Does it show up in Device manager as a sound card?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It seems solved. I could find a Behringer driver for W7 x64 and it works with W10.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it does work and it did show in Device Manager as an option. The cable was not connected. Sorry for my distraction.

Your suggestions were very good. Unfortunately most little boxes or devices, including the Creative model, insist on using 1/8" jacks.

1/8" jacks are unreliable: that is a fact and not an opinion. That's the main reason for not going that path.

One good thing in the unpretentious and cheap Behringer box is that it has RCA inputs and outputs. Only the headphone output is 1/8".

BTW: there's a cheap Chinese aluminum interface box that could be modified rather simply to accept RCA sockets.

https://www.amazon.com/Optimal-Shop-Channel-External-Surround/dp/B00Q4WQ7XW/ref=sr_1_1...nal+sound+card

Even if the 1 star percentage is quite high (22%).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's another affordable box, though price can be twice more on some retailers:

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Adapter-External-Digital-ICUSBAUDIO7D/dp/B002LM0U2...+audio+adapter

In any case, the Behringer suits me fine and it has more stars.
    Quote Quote