VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an AVC file I'm trying to run through tsMuxeR for the sole purpose of changing frame rate. Each time I try (even with different but equally recorded files) I get the -2 error code. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

tsMuxeR output:
    Network Optix tsMuxeR. Version 2.6.12. www.networkoptix.com
    Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.0 Resolution: 1280:720p Frame rate: 59.9401
    H.264 manual defined fps doesn't equal to stream fps. Change H.264 fps from 59.9401 to 29.97
    Decoding AAC stream (track 2): Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 2
    Errors:
    Reading buffer overflow. Possible container streams are not syncronized. Please, verify stream fps.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why are you trying to change the frame rate ? What is the background context ?

If the original was in sync, you'll go out of sync changing from 59.94 => 29.97 , because you'll play at half speed and double the duration, but the audio will be full duration
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Appreciate the reply!

I'm fearing you are correct and I was under misapprehension as to expected results.

What I have is content recorded from a set-top box (via Colossus) and was hoping to reduce the file size of the 720p content by way of simple alternate frame discards. For some odd reason I was expecting every other frame was merely duplication -- how that thought would have made sense is a mystery. Was probably equating it to an actual re-encoding where frame rate change can be accomplished successfully. Since tsMuxeR stopped after a short run there was a file fragment and it's clear to see your advising of half-speed playback is quite evident. ShowBiz looks to offer the option of reducing frame rate at point of capture but I can't seem to get it to output a reduced frame rate.

Not a biggie as I don't record much progressive content so, while I'll still tinker with ShowBiz to see if I can coax a reduced frame rate, I'll be happy with full 720p.
    Quote Quote