VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to capture video from a bunch of mini vhs tapes that I have and I have run into a problem. The audio on the finished capture is not synced. First I used Ulead Movie Factory for the capture (Came with the USB capture device I'm using) then I tried using VirtualDub. The problem persisted on both. VirtualDub does not report any frame drops either, so I do not know what is going on. Is it maybe my specs? I have a AMD A8-6410 CPU with integrated Radeon R5 Graphics. Its also worth noting that I tried doing this a few years ago on a less powerful laptop with a different capture device and had the same problem. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I've tried doing research but most of the answers I found I can't really understand (I'm a newbie to this). All help is appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    First step: if you have VirtualDub's audio preview feature turned on while capturing, disable it.

Others have suggested AmaRecTV, though I've had bad experiences with it, myself.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I only ever got VirtualDub to capture in sync once, after following some arcane directions I found on the internet and sacrificing a chicken. It appears to have a blind spot with respect to USB capture devices. Now I use AmaRecTV, which has a quirky Japanglish interface, but it works.
    Quote Quote