VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for 4K Bluray authoring programs. Any suggestions and what is the spec I need to use to make it compliant? I currently use MultiAVCHD for authoring 1080p Blurays.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are too early. Today UHD Blu-ray authoring requires professional software, like Scenarist.

There was a discussion about the new UHD format around the time the spec came out. I don't think burned media is even an option for UHD Blu-ray now. Speculation was that something different (the 4K equivalent to AVCHD) would be needed for consumers to create authored UHD video discs. That new format hasn't arrived as far as I know.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 27th Jul 2016 at 15:49.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the info. So is there no spec listed anywhere like the 1080p Bluray spec was listed on Doom9?

You can buy triple layer Bluray discs at the moment, just waiting for an authoring program to be released...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Even bluray ripping programs such as Dvdfab will not
    bother with the new 4K format.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    Thanks for the info. So is there no spec listed anywhere like the 1080p Bluray spec was listed on Doom9?

You can buy triple layer Bluray discs at the moment, just waiting for an authoring program to be released...
    Some parts of the spec were leaked: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/371882-Blu-ray-UHD-Spec-Released?p=2408178&viewfull=1#post2408178
    The complete spec is probably still only available to qualified entities as an official document for $$$$ and a signed non-disclosure agreement.

In that same thread Cornucopia wrote this: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/371882-Blu-ray-UHD-Spec-Released?p=2439768&viewfull=1#post2439768
    Quote Quote