VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have a bunch of MKV files. They have two audio tracks. The first track is German and the second is English. I'd prefer to remove the German track or make the English track the first track so I don't have to switch the audio track when streaming them. Is there an easy way to do this? I know I can do it one file at a time with a few programs but I'd like to do a group as there are over 100 episodes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MKVToolNix

Simply open the file using MKVToolNix, deselect the components that you don't want, and mux. I'm pretty sure you can batch with it as well, but I've not done it.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks - I just tried that - ended up making a big mkv file. Sorry but I'm a bit of a newbie.
    Quote Quote  
  4. MKVBatch can remove non-english tracks for all files in a folder.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks! It looks promising. I just tried it but it has this message - MediaInfo CLI path "must" be set to use this program! Operation is aborted. I downloaded it but it isn't an installable so the path is wherever I download it but I don't see a place to specify that path.

I'm not sure what the MediInfo CLI is.
    Last edited by boe; 27th Jul 2016 at 22:37.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You need to define the settings

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	37966
    Quote Quote  
  7. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	37967

Thanks! I have version 1.2.3 - it has only two lines in the set executables
    ffprobe.exe location
    and mkvMerge.exe location

There isn't a third line for Media Info CLI and if I put the mediainfo path in the ffprobe.exe drag and drop box is says it isn't ffprobe.

I uninstalled and tried 1.2.2 Same issue.
    I tried editing my mkvbatch ini - added the line mediainfo.exe Path=G:\Install\install\MKVToolNix\MediaInfo_CLI_0 .7.87_Windows_x64\MediaInfo.exe under the paths section but it didn't help.
    Last edited by boe; 27th Jul 2016 at 23:52.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Download ffmpeg Static Build. ffprobe is part of it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks - ffmpeg stopped it from posting the mediainfo CLI popup however it crashed as soon as I clicked on Run MKVBatch - tried to run it 3 times after closing. Installed the newer version - same issue.

A batching system for mkvmerge has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly - close program.

I have the latest version of mkvmerge 9.3.1. I'm running on Windows 10 x64 pro. I have 16GB of memory (65% free), an i7-6700k, 125GB free on my 250GB SSD and 50TB free on my raid where the files are stored.

The only special thing I did was click on filter out Non-English Audio so I unchecked that and it still crashes.

Event ID 1000
    Faulting application name: MKVBatch.exe, version: 1.2.0.3, time stamp: 0x57918a7e
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.494, time stamp: 0x5775e78b
    Exception code: 0xc000008f
    Fault offset: 0x000bdae8
    Faulting process id: 0x5378
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1e88f779d8470
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MKVBatch\MKVBatch.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 420af4f1-8249-43d5-96bc-353d4d16be32
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Quote Quote  
  10. I don't know what's wrong but you could try ffmpeg from a CMD shell

Code:
    for %h in (*.mkv) do [path to ffmpeg]ffmpeg -i "%h" -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -c copy "new\%h"
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks very much for trying so hard. I really appreciate you walking me through so much.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Strangely enough after a while I got it to work with BatchMKV instead of mkvbatch (I thought they might be the same program but they are not).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mkvbatch looks promising, thanks for that one.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  14. If you can't get mkvbatch working try batchmkv. Hopefully you'll be able to get mkvworking on your machine - I couldn't on mine.
    Quote Quote