VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All the expert members out here,

I am pretty new here. However before posting this I have tried to do my due diligence on searching the forum forum for the solution for my problem. However I could not find one.

Here is the Problem which I am having, I have a movie mp4 file which a friend of mine gave it to me and and it is about 1.5GB. I dont know the source of it, however the file seems to be completely unplayable. I tried all different players (Quicktime, VLC, windows media player etc). Also I tried to open the file in other software to change it to avi or another format, using Loiloscope but could not open it.

So I start more poking around and see if I can find some solution -- There was a solution about Grub Video Repair tool, I tried that as well, it did not work. Then I checked whether the file can be repaired or not going on mp4repair.org. Found that file can be repaired.

So then I started to see where the file could be wrong, there were some suggestions to check Atomic Parsley -- See the image Click image for larger version

Name:	Atomic-Parsley-Output-Surraksha.PNG
Views:	731
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	37956

Also Here is the Media Info of the file (see image)Click image for larger version

Name:	MediaInfo-Surraksha.PNG
Views:	437
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	37957

Also here is the portion of the Hex editor output for the file (See below) and also the imageClick image for larger version

Name:	Hex-Surraksha.PNG
Views:	705
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	37958
    ... ftypisom....
    isomiso2avc1mp41
    ....freeaPmdat
    ..e.߷ʁ0`
    v.̄.ɹa
    mu.y..?s
    W=rJZlε S?.
    J.ud+.~m
    ̵!v7.y.
    5v.:.ˍ"m
    0.vk.#.BUy-
    `#Q!JuW.
    #WH5.1\Ő.
    .+S.!]#
    529.uJ...j.
    q+.xc?.W
    .T†.Ed..G%
    o"...*j
    .]eHS[%d].

Based on what I can interpret from my limited knowledge base that somewhere in the MP4 file the headers are corrputed, because when I looked the media info and atomic parsley of known good files i could get expected output.

Anykind of help is greatly appreciated..

Regards..

I
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    You can try untrunc (in a Linux emulator) and recover_mp4_to_h264. In both cases you will need to supply a healthy MP4 file with what you believe to be a matching structure.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Have you tried FFMPEG or WinFF?
    Quote Quote