VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I've been using BDRebuilder for some time now, to shrink my BD-50 blu-ray disks in order to make a copy onto BD-25 disks (because BD-50 disks are too expensive). Problem is that BDRebuilder, although great in quality, is making some of my copies to skip frames. It displays the same frame for let's say half a second than skips the rest, moves to the following and so on. Those disks are unplayable. I tried on my BD computer writter, on my standalone player and the result is the same. Some disks work flawlessly, which is weird, becaue I am using the same settings to every disk. I'm guessing that some encoders or something else have problems with some discs. For instance, discs 1 and 2 from The Big Bang Theory box-set work perfect, but disc 3 not, it skips frames. What to do please ? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like it may be a bad rip, either a dirty/scratched disc, a problem with your decryptor program, or even a failing drive. If it was a BD-RB problem, most likely you would have trouble with every disc.

Do you get the skipping when you play the files on the hard drive before you burn to BD25? If the files play without skipping it would mean a burning problem or bad blank discs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    No, disc is fine. Even the ripped ISO play fine on PC, from hard drive. It's definitely a BDRebuilder (or an encoder something, related to it) problem. So, the disc play fine on optical unit, the 1:1 rip (an ISO copy of the disc on my hard drive) play fine on computer, but when I try to shrink the copy with BDRebuilder, that's where problems occour.

The burner is fine. Even the shrinked copy skips when played from hard drive. It's 100% something related to BDRebuilder, but I don't know where.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Completely uninstall BD-RB and all support programs and then reinstall. Sometimes the settings of the decoders can be changed and reinstalling resets them to their default settings.

Try different decoders in the BD-RB settings. You can select LAV Directshow Filters, ffdshow, or the built in LAV in x264. There is also an Intel and Nvidia (needs license) decoder option. If you have a problem with one, try another that will work best on your system.
    Quote Quote