VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This two part video series is simply 11 out 10 in describing how to solve cadence issues no matter your NLE, requires AE though.

Telecine Cadence Fix - Part 1
    Telecine Cadence Fix - Part 2
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's certainly an option, but avisynth would have saved him days of manual work. To be fair he was on a mac and probably not aware of it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Apple — the walled garden of hard labor.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    It's certainly an option, but avisynth would have saved him days of manual work. To be fair he was on a mac and probably not aware of it.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it because it described some fairly arcane topics in one of the best ways I have ever encountered regardless of whether you would actually follow his steps yourself. Although at least you have an idea what Avisynth is doing behind the scenes. And he himself admits it would be very strange to encounter this sort of problem today (circa 2010).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    It's certainly an option, but avisynth would have saved him days of manual work. To be fair he was on a mac and probably not aware of it.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it because it described some fairly arcane topics in one of the best ways I have ever encountered regardless of whether you would actually follow his steps yourself. Although at least you have an idea what Avisynth is doing behind the scenes. And he himself admits it would be very strange to encounter this sort of problem today (circa 2010).
    It was a fun little explanation intro about pulldown with the graphics - but the the actual workflow is a kludge.

Actually the problem is still fairly commonly today, because people still use projection and NTSC capture methods for old films of various formats. The biggest reason is cost - scanning 1:1 film frames with proper equipment is much more expensive to do. Although progressive HD is more common now, people still use interlaced NTSC SD. Progressive HD capture would still have the duplicate problem and he'd still be wasting a few days/nights doing it that way.
    Quote Quote