VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello friends.

First of all hello and thank those who took the trouble to answer my previous post.

I before consulting; I make time to read previous post, but in this case I decide to open this new thread that beyond the excellent reviews I've read in previous post came none to offset my question.

The point in question is consult which they consider what is the best video card to digitize vhs, without the minimal loss of image quality during transfer, and uncompressed video.

It has been much talk about the canopus, has talked a lot about the pinnacle. But I think that to this day are somewhat old and outdated, considering that in the current market cards with better quality and better performance in that regard are digitalizacion.

If you have digitized vhs with the highest possible quality with the video card having, and they can share in this post to see that this is the picture quality, they are greatly appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Great, another useless "what's the best capture device" thread.

New cards are NOT better than old cards for standard definition video. There have been no technological improvements in the last 10+ years. And once the cheap Chinese manufacturers got in the market there was a race to the bottom -- in price and quality. The SD capture options on newer HD capture devices are an afterthought, they deliver poor quality and aren't stable with VHS's poor time base. Arguably, the best device was the ATI TV Wonder HD 600 USB. Good luck finding one and getting it to work on modern computers.

But VHS is a very noisy, low resolution medium. The difference between the "best" and adequate capture devices won't be noticeable. What's more important is stability with the bad time base of VHS. It's annoying when your capture device locks up every time you FF or RW tape. Or every time there's a break between recordings or just a bad spot in the tape. This is why many people like the Canopus ADVC devices for VHS capture, even though they don't deliver the best possible image quality with high quality sources.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/360704-2013-my-video-capture-device-comparison-scre...ht=ati+600+750

And having working proc amp controls that allow you to keep brights and darks from getting crushed can be important.

The best thing you can do for VHS capture is use a line time base corrector. Many people use the old Pansonic ES-10 or ES15 DVD recorders for that.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/319420-Who-uses-a-DVD-recorder-as-a-line-TBC-and-wh...light=recorder
    Last edited by jagabo; 15th Jul 2016 at 17:06.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I agree with jagabo as well, although I don't know why he bothered to answer as the original post sounded like a bunch of gibberish from some sort of auto-translation. I'm halfway expecting the other shoe to drop when the OP (if he ever returns) comes back with some spam. After all, he registered just to make his nonsensical post.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    After all, he registered just to make his nonsensical post.
    No. Jgmr014 referred to his previous thread. That one, about the best VHS deck to buy, started on July 4.

... but since the first post in this thread was thoroughly answered by jagabo, I have nothing more to add.
    Quote Quote