VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looking at a jvc svhs model HR-S2911U. Vcr. Can't find if it has tbc or any of the useful vhs capture features. Anybody have any idea?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like it has a video stabilizer but no line TBC. The video stabilizer helps if the video is jumping vertically but won't help the horizontal wiggling fields, which a line TBC is for.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by KarMa; 11th Jul 2016 at 22:04.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well despite the lack of TBC, any idea if it's a good unit for capture use? I hear good things about JVC s-vhs generally speaking
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Some JVC models are valued for their digital noise filtering and timebase correction. The HR-S2911U is a basic deck that has neither.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I take your word there is no TBC on that model, but I thought I had seen something about filtering or enhancement in the manual for it? Ultimately, I just want to know if that is a good unit for capture if you can't find a reasonably priced TBC model. Also, some mentions in the unit's manual insinuate multiple forms of "enhancement". They may all be garbage for all I know. But you said it has neither tbc nor noise reduction. See attachedClick image for larger version

Name:	svhs.PNG
Views:	154
Size:	527.1 KB
ID:	37791
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Picture Control is not the same feature as JVC's Digital TBC/NR and R3 features. The Auto setting will smooth out the picture a bit; some users find it too soft and prefer Edit for transfers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a JVC s-vhs that seems similar, make sure you can adjust the playback settings on the menu if you get it. You might end up with far more smeared and smoothed out playback than you could get otherwise out of the vcr.
    Quote Quote