VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Thought this might be a good place to pick some brains!

Going from a USB stick into the TV. Sony Bravia TV.

It doesn't handle menus as it would have done in MPC-HC which I would just drag and drop the movie.

Yes it recognizes the USB and displays the contents of the STREAM folder with many different files 0001.mt2s going all the way through to 04999.m2ts.

Ideally I would like the TV to handle the menus properly like it would in MPC-HC.

For example when I play just 1 file all the menus come up where you can make selections for subtitles/audio etc etc.

Right now if I go to play one of the files it does play but it repeats over and over.

In order to play the movie I have to arrange by size then of course the biggest size one is the movie itself.

I'd like it to arrange it properly though where as it would be as though i'm just using a bluray disk.

Is it something I have to do within the directories or am i missing something?

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are missing something. Read the manual. Does it say the TV plays full Blu-ray rips including menu navigation? Having looked at quite a few TV manual over the past year, I'm guessing it does not.

TVs are limited in what they will play compared to a computer. TVs are able to play some (but possibly not all) Blu-ray rips in the form of a file containing only the movie. Subtitles must normally be provided as separate files, in the same folder with the movie. SRT subtitles and possibly a few other types are usually acceptable, but the subtitle formats used on Blu-ray and DVD are not.

If your TV plays MKV files you could create one containing the main movie from a Blu-ray using MakeMKV.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 11th Jul 2016 at 09:29.
    Quote Quote