VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm not sure which is the right section for this topic, as it may belong either here or to the authoring section. Mods feel free to move it wherever you think it's better.

Here's the problem.

I have this VIDEO_TS folder of a concert (amateur shot, not talking about officially released material).
    It's about 6 gb, authored for a Dual Layer.

The weird thing is that if I play it in VLC just the beginning works ok, then at some point the screen freezes and the audio keeps going. If i skip to a later chapter, i can see the screen of this new point, but it's still frozen. I tried to burn it on a DL and the same thing happens.

The weirdest thing is that if i open the folder with MPC-HC it works fine. Perfect.

Good, but I need to burn it and give it to a friend of mine for him to watch it on his standalone player.

I tried to reauthor it with DVD Lab Pro 2, removing the menu and just keeping the concert and the chapter points, but the result is the same.

Here's the G-SPot screen of one of the VOBs:

Click image for larger version

Name:	gspot.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	37600

And here's the lineage of the recording provided by who authored the DVD:

audio: CA-11 cards --> CA-9100 preamp --> Edirol 09-HR 1,536 bit LPCM
    video: Sony HDR-TG1 in HD 1080x1920 mode; down-converted to SD video w/ 2-pass VBR max 9.1K, avg 8.6K, min 1K; 16:9 NTSC

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try demux the dvd with pgcdemux and then try play the m2v videostream with vlc and see how it plays.

Then maybe try fix/repair/remux m2v video stream with something like videoredo (using stream quickfix), TS-Doctor, etc.

Last add the m2v and audio files in dvd-lab pro.

If everything fails just try reconvert the mpg.
    Quote Quote