VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Everyone,

Im appologise that this is likely a repeat to some extents.

I have paid for access to a certain test prep site, however my access is limited and about to expire. I would like to download the course videos, but am having a difficult time figuring out how. I tried URL snooper, but I dont think it got me far enough down the line (or im just missing something .. quite possible). I have figured out how to screen capture with good audio quality ... but there are more than 200 hours of videos .. so its a bit much to have to do via screen capture. Can anyone help guide me as to how I can go about downloading them?

Thank you

Search Comp PM
    Depends on the site. Some sites only stream the content, they don't offer the actual files. And I've seen sites that even if you find the actual url, will only stream at a rate similar to actual playback in real time.

EDIT: I also just noticed that you stated the files are "encrypted". In which case, even if you do download the actual file, it likely will not be playable.

As for finding the url, most of these type questions go in the streaming board: https://forum.videohelp.com/forums/48-Video-Streaming
    Last edited by Krispy Kritter; 30th Jun 2016 at 14:41.
    Google is your Friend

3. hmm i guess im not actually sure if they are encrypted .. they are from a streaming source similar to Manhattan test prep

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DeBerlin68 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Im appologise that this is likely a repeat to some extents.

I have paid for access to a certain test prep site, however my access is limited and about to expire. I would like to download the course videos, but am having a difficult time figuring out how. I tried URL snooper, but I dont think it got me far enough down the line (or im just missing something .. quite possible). I have figured out how to screen capture with good audio quality ... but there are more than 200 hours of videos .. so its a bit much to have to do via screen capture. Can anyone help guide me as to how I can go about downloading them?

Thank you
    Indeed, there have been many such requests. However, the acceptable use policy here at VideoHelp prohibits helping with downloading streaming video when the website requires payment for access to the video.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/72386-Forum-rules-Acceptable-Use-Policy-(AUP)?
    Do NOT talk about copying rented/subscription material
    You are not allowed to rip/copy/record rented video. It includes streaming rented/subscribed video like netflix, itunes, hulu plus, etc.

5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/72386-Forum-rules-Acceptable-Use-Policy-(AUP)?
    Do NOT talk about copying rented/subscription material
    You are not allowed to rip/copy/record rented video. It includes streaming rented/subscribed video like netflix, itunes, hulu plus, etc.
    Thread closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.