VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've spent quite a few hours googling my problem, tying to find a solution
    being disappointed in finding one, I've decided to make an account here, seeking help from the experts of this forum

here is the problem:

whenever I'm tying to record audio or capture part of a movie, the recording doesn't start from the moment I click on start, it starts almost two seconds after, it also doesn't end when I click on the end button and records a few seconds more of it

does anybody have a solution for this?, can you suggest me another player that doesn't have this problem? I've tried Vlc and Km player but the same problem occurs in both of them as well.
    it is really important for me that the recording starts the instant I want it to start and ends the instant I want it to end
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know that you will find one. There will always be at least some delay as the software responds to the input. Same as when using a VCR, DVR, or even a cassette recorder.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Erfan View Post
    does anybody have a solution for this?
    Click early(start), click late(end.........to make sure you have everything) then do a quick edit later. What is so hard about that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    What is so hard about that?
    there are a bunch of these sound clips I intend to make and I'm going to save myself the trouble of editing them later.
    Last edited by Erfan; 30th Jun 2016 at 05:11.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I dont know what is your capture settings, but for me for capture is into format MPEG2 VOB -> MPEG2 video (FFMPEG64.dl land max bitrate) and MP3 audio. And I had never problem with some delay.
    More demanding codec, bigger delay.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 1st Jul 2016 at 00:39.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I've changed the recording settings, but the delay is still there : (
    thanks anyway
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can solve start delay. I try it on my notebook, where the delay is too.
    Press pause where is start position. Then ALT+C hit record and then unpause video. It will start recording when you unpaused video. The delay at the end I cant solve on the notebook. Maybe do the same. Press pause and then stop in recording.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 2nd Jul 2016 at 13:15.
    Quote Quote