VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to record some shows on my Uverse DVR with an HDMI splitter to bypass HDCP. Elgato HD60 Pro seems to be more focused on gamers and streamer and it never mentions it being used to record from a cable DVR. Is it possible and are there any limitations?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If DVR has HDMI output and your HDMI Splitter bypass HDCP, YES, Elgato HD60 PRO (Nice card) will record.

Compatible Resolutions: 1080p60, 1080p30, 1080i, 720p60, 720p30, 576p, 576i, 480p

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. You will be limited to PCM Stereo Audio though. I have Elgato HD 60 and it does not support Dolby, DTS or any kind of 5.1 sound. I guess it is the same with HD 60 Pro.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChibiSqueeze View Post
    I want to record some shows on my Uverse DVR with an HDMI splitter to bypass HDCP. Elgato HD60 Pro seems to be more focused on gamers and streamer and it never mentions it being used to record from a cable DVR. Is it possible and are there any limitations?
    It can't record 480i input, but that might not be anything to worry about. In many cases the HDMI-out on a set-top-box only allows 480p or higher resolutions when playing 480i video.

There isn't much alternative capture software for the HD 60 Pro if you dislike the manufacturer's capture software, but that is true for most HD capture devices that hardware encode.
    Quote Quote