VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I make frequent use of Livestreamer to record various streams, but in the end it's a command line app, and if the stream gets interrupted for whatever reason - excessive packet loss, the stream legitimately breaks for a second, etc. - VLC closes and that's the end of that. In order to maintain the recording, I have to be present to catch these lapses and manually baby everything. Sometimes, I'm simply not available to take care of those occurrences, and in such cases, I am out of luck.

Since this is pretty inconvenient, I strongly suspect there's a good and convenient solution. Literally all I want is for the recording to resume as soon as it can find the stream again. Still, Google hasn't helped me with this, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Asterra; 18th Jun 2016 at 22:04.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Asterra View Post

I make frequent use of Livestreamer to record various streams, but in the end it's a command line app, and if the stream gets interrupted for whatever reason - excessive packet loss, the stream legitimately breaks for a second, etc. - VLC closes and that's the end of that.
    Is there any particular reason why you are recording with VLC and not using the file output option? Additionally I would suggest you to read the whole documentation. You have several options to avoid interruptions or if that's not possible you can try to use an option like --retry-streams or --retry-open.
    Quote Quote