VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for that, hopefully it just will take patience. I think the remote I bought should be entering the numbers, that's the only other issue I can think of apart from bad timing on my part
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello,

I'm still unable to get it to work on my UK player. I've tried about 300 times, I just can't type the code fast enough (about 2-3 secs). Has anyone had any joy in UK for this player yet and did they use Anynet for link between tv and player? Appreciate any help. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey Guys..
    I had previously posted I got mine to work.
    I had to reset my Player to defaults today due to a glitch I was experiencing.. Anyway as luck would have it I lost my Multi region capability, so I thought ID try again and make some notes. . PS my Firmware is now 1014 before performing this hack so firmware doesn't seem to be an issue

I can confirm to use the Samsung TV remote to operate your player you will need the following

1.The Blu-ray plugged into the Samsung TV directly with a HDMI cable.. (not thru and AV receiver)
    2.The ANYNET feature to be on Both the TV and the Blu-ray player
    3.When operating the remote I found pointing it at the TV worked better than the direct to the bluray. I think that's the anynet feature (be sure to test the remote works , if you cant move the cursor around the page , then you cant do anything.) ( I was able to use 2 different Samsung TV remotes)
    4.Its all in the timing. I found it took me about 20 attempts till I got it.
    5.Before trying the hack , maybe RESET the device to default.. (turn on player , press and hold STOP on bluray player until its states RESETS all to defaults. Run the setup (I skipped the network)
    6.If your attempt doesn't work , Unplug the device for a good 15 seconds and then plug in and try again. (don't just turn off)

STEPS 1 to 7 are done with the PLAYERS control panel at the top of the player Steps 8 to 11 use the remote

1. Ensure that there is no disc in the tray.
    2. Unplug the mains power to the player wait 15 seconds and then plug back in. This is necessary to reboot the firmware. (u may notice a quick UHD on the TV screen)
    Press the power button on the player,But note, I found that pressing the EJECT also turn on the device.
    3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything, takes a second or 2
    4. Press the eject button to open the tray
    5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
    6. Wait while the player searches for a disc.
    7. As soon as the "No Disc" message appears at the top RIGHT corner do the
    following.

** You MUST do this BEFORE the 'No Disc' at top right disappears**
    (Take your time and do it quickly but calmly, don't pause between button presses, you've got about 5sec) Maybe have someone handle the PLAYER and you handle the remote

8. Press the RETURN button.
    9. Enter 76884 on the number pad.
    10. The region code "4" (Australian) appears at the top right corner of the screen in a black box
    11. Enter a "9" to make the player region free, Only press it once.
    12. Press the power button to turn unit off, wait 10sec and turn it on again.
    13. Insert a DVD with different region to your own to ensure it worked.

The above definitely works. I have done it about 3 times today , and each time took a few goes, so don't stress.
    Good luck ..

ps the Samsung remotes I used were BN59-01247A and AA59-00465A

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  4. sambacko
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for this. It worked first time.

Set-up: LG OLED65E6 TV remote control (Australian model). TV remote paired to the UBD-K8500 via the Magic Remote on-screen user guide.
    Tips: Use the BACK/EXIT key on the remote for the "REPEAT" ("RETURN") key in Step 8.
    Follow the steps exactly as stated. Although it doesn't seem to matter if you don't power down at the end. It stayed on Region 9 anyway.

In the past I have never managed to get a region hack to work. Always seems to require a special remote.
    This is awesome. I can now watch all my UK and Korean DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sambacko View Post
    Thanks for this. It worked first time.

Set-up: LG OLED65E6 TV remote control (Australian model). TV remote paired to the UBD-K8500 via the Magic Remote on-screen user guide.
    Tips: Use the BACK/EXIT key on the remote for the "REPEAT" ("RETURN") key in Step 8.
    Follow the steps exactly as stated. Although it doesn't seem to matter if you don't power down at the end. It stayed on Region 9 anyway.

In the past I have never managed to get a region hack to work. Always seems to require a special remote.
    This is awesome. I can now watch all my UK and Korean DVDs.
    I have 2 ubd-k8500 players, one without any firmware update and one which is on firmware 1015.

I've tried on both of them, using the anymote app on my Samsung S5, which has infrared. I used a macro which sends the sequence of button presses, but no luck.
    Maybe the 76884 code is different for each country ?
    The instructions speak of 4 being the code for Australia, so maybe for region 2 you have to send 76882 for it to work ?

Exactly when do you have to send the code ?
    Do you have to wait for the tray to be closed or do you have to send it while it's closing ?

Or maybe it's just not supposed to work in Belgium ?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I've also tried 57538, which is the code for region 2.
    I even managed to get the ir code for the repeat button and used that in my sequence,
    no luck !!
    Quote Quote