VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Good afternoon everyone,

I've recently bought an Avermedia ExtremeCap U3 to capture PS4 gameplays in order to upload and strem on Youtube, I've got a decent laptop which allows me to process it with ease. The thing is I'm having trouble finding the correct settings for best quality of capture.

I've been capturing gameplays of Dying Light with 1080p - 30fps - 12.0 MBPS (bitrate) - Constant Quality mode, image is quite ok but I noticed some clamping, moments when the image doesn't flow correctly. When I decrease bitrate, the flowing gets better but it loses image quality...when I increase it, it's the opposite...more quality but less flowing.

Could you please help me finding the correct settings to solve flowing problems?

Thanks, Gabriel.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It sounds like your computer just isn't fast enough to decode 1080p30. For smooth playback what you really want is 1080p60. But if your computer can't handle 1080p30 it definitely won't be able to deal with 1080p60.

If your sure you computer can handle high complexity 1080p30, upload a short sample that shows the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It sounds like your computer just isn't fast enough to decode 1080p30. For smooth playback what you really want is 1080p60. But if your computer can't handle 1080p30 it definitely won't be able to deal with 1080p60.

If your sure you computer can handle high complexity 1080p30, upload a short sample that shows the problem.
    Thank you for the attention. I believe in this case 1080p30 is apropriate because of the game itself, Dying Light for PS4 runs at 30 fps according to the producer, so I didn't even bother recording at 60fps.

When I use Avermedia ExtremeCap U3, the software itself shows the gameplay with only 44ms delay...and during the gameplay the image is quite perfect, the flowing and quality problems appear only when with the final file. Would this indicate that my PC isn't causing the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  4. What CPU does your computer have? What graphics card? Is it very old?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Gabriel,

Get AMARECTV 3.10C to record your files.

Download the UT VIDEO codec because its the best lossless recordings with your card.

Any question, reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fala Gabriel,

Baixe o AMARECTV 3.10C para gravar com essa placa.

Baixe o UT VIDEO codec, pois ele é o melhor codec para gravações sem perdas.

Qualquer dúvida, só postar.

Claudio
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you all for the feedback.

My friend's professor who teaches video processing told me to switch the TV to 1080i instead of 1080p, which would require less processing and it worked pretty well. Anyway I'm gonna test all of your advice.

Best regards.
    Gabriel.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Gabriel,

Get AMARECTV 3.10C to record your files.

Download the UT VIDEO codec because its the best lossless recordings with your card.

Any question, reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fala Gabriel,

Baixe o AMARECTV 3.10C para gravar com essa placa.

Baixe o UT VIDEO codec, pois ele é o melhor codec para gravações sem perdas.

Qualquer dúvida, só postar.

Claudio
    Thank you, Claudio.

I'm gonna make some tests using the reffered software.

Best regards,
    Gabriel.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    What CPU does your computer have? What graphics card? Is it very old?
    Hello, thank you for the reply.

I have a Dell, Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80 GHz 2.40 GHz with 8GB RAM, 64-bit system.

Best regards,
    Gabriel.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Gabriel Pelegrino Gama View Post
    I have a Dell, Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80 GHz 2.40 GHz with 8GB RAM, 64-bit system.
    You shouldn't have problems playing 1080p30 on that computer.
    Quote Quote