VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Please excuse the cross-post (also posted in the authoring forum), as I wasn't sure the ideal location for my question. I am a new guy to video, needing some help. I recently took video of a dance performance, and purchased PowerDirector 14 for editing purposes, creating a 17gig, 1940x1080 m2ts file. The end result turned out exactly how I had hoped, but I am struggling with preparing Blu-ray disks. What I would like to do is create a disk, with a simple menu (play, chapter selection). However, when I go through PowerDirector's create disk process, I am able to create the menu and chapters easy enough, but when I actually go to burn the disk it seems to take an extremely long time to prepare and burn. I burned a sample disk, to check quality, using Burn Aware, which did a fantastic job creating the disk, with terrific quality, very quickly, but lacks the ability to create menus and chapters. Am I doing something wrong with PowerDirector? Does it usually take a long time to author a disk? Is there another, preferrably free (as I have already paid for PowerDirector) program that runs more efficiently? I need to create about 40 disks, and if PowerDirector runs this slow on each one, it will never get done, and I will be inclined to just burn basic disks without menus and chapters.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Your m2ts file may not be entirely compliant to Blu-ray specifications. If this is the case, then PowerDirector may be re-encoding the video to fit those specs.

BurnAware probably just burned the m2ts file as data. This will play in a computer, but might not play in a stand-alone Blu-ray player. Or if it does in yours, it might not play in all Blu-ray players.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Your m2ts file may not be entirely compliant to Blu-ray specifications. If this is the case, then PowerDirector may be re-encoding the video to fit those specs.

BurnAware probably just burned the m2ts file as data. This will play in a computer, but might not play in a stand-alone Blu-ray player. Or if it does in yours, it might not play in all Blu-ray players.
    If that's the case, will power director re-encode each disk, or after the first one will I be able to just keep inserting/pumping out more copies? Dont mind waiting once, if I can crank through the rest.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You should be able to set the program to output to the hard drive. You could then burn as many copies of that movie as you like using a burning program like BurnAware, or the favorite burning program around here, ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Schmidty3634, please do not double post. I've closed the other duplicate topic. If you want to move a topic to another forum, PM a Mod.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote