VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I started using the Windows 10 built in Game DVR and so far it's working ok.
    I have it so I can hit a button and it dumps the last minute into an mp4 file.
    I would like to crop these to specific sections but I seem at a loss.
    The DVR app does have a built in cropping feature but everytime I've used it the output file has had artifacting and pixels randomly in it so I'd rather avoid that.
    I tried virtual dub64 and 32 and hit a wall.
    Initially it wouldnt seen mp4s, so I put in a codec pack with Quicktime and it sees it. Then I get an error, Missing codec AVC1 error.
    Then I read I need FFDshow which is only 32bit. I have all of those now and still not getting anywhere.
    The only difference is 64bit would show in virtdub missing codec, whereas now 32bit gives a windows pop up that a codec is missing.

Anyone have any other suggestions? A different app, etc?

Also somewhat related, theres a chat window in the recordings that I would like to block sometimes if possible. Is there some simple option to Click and drag to designate a square area and just black it out?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To what size did you try to crop the video ? It seems like you crops it to wrong resolution. Some codecs needs the height and width /8. You can try this Virtualdub fork crop and export uncompressed and then in some different program commpres to desired size. For example in Avidemux, vidcoder etc...
    Posted virtualdub fork opens every video.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    To what size did you try to crop the video ? It seems like you crops it to wrong resolution. Some codecs needs the height and width /8. You can try this Virtualdub fork crop and export uncompressed and then in some different program commpres to desired size. For example in Avidemux, vidcoder etc...
    Posted virtualdub fork opens every video.

Bernix
    Perhaps I'm using crop incorrectly. These are 1920x1080, 60 second chunks. I was hoping to just cut specific areas out and save them, like :23 to :34.
    Ill try that version and see.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for the delay. I tried that form and confirm it lets me open them fine.
    So I was ok with that. Now that I actually tried to crop and save it, it wont let me.
    I can open the video fine and seek around, but hitting play gives an error, "The currently selected output plugin cannot be used in direct stream copy mode"
    And if i just put a beginning and end marker, crop, and hit export stream copy, hit save, I get this error "Operation failed. internal error (FFMPEG): End of file"
    All Im trying to do is crop pieces of video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    in video, choose -> full processing mode. In video then choose -> Compression (and select some lossless video codec) f.e. UT video, Lagarith or Uncompressid RGB.
    Then choose save as AVI (where to save file)
    And it should be done.

Then recompress video you get in vidcoder, avidemux or what is your favorite program.

Or you can use Avidemux for "cutting" too. Choose start and end point then copy video, copy audio, and in menu on bottom choose MP4.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 18th Jun 2016 at 22:46.
    Quote Quote