VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Could anyone recommend a video editing software that works similar to Sony Vegas, but unlike Sony Vegas isn't a steaming pile of shit that crashes every time you try to do something in it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. A legal copy of Sony Vegas on a properly configured system.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm telling you, vegas is shit! Absolute shit! I like the way it lays out things, makes it easy to edit video and audio on the fly, but it constantly crashes, and also it quite consistently ****s with my frames. I keep getting wild random frames out of place as I get into a project. Sony Vegas is good for nothing and a ******* waste of time! I ought to send a bill to Sony for all the time they've basically stolen from me using this software, only to have to abandon the project due to the corruption of frames and video!

So, I ask again, what would one recommend that isn't a steaming pile of shit?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Adobe Premiere is absolute garbage as well. Won't even playback my video sources at the correct speed! Unacceptable.

Does anyone on this video help forum have ANY recommendations on just one ******* piece of software that actually works?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found your other thread about Vegas. I'll guess that you are still trying to edit WTV files captured using a PC digital TV tuner of some sort. If I'm wrong then maybe you would be so kind as to say what sort of files you are trying to edit, since that has some bearing on recommendations for editing software.

Digital TV captures will cause most video editors to fall over sometimes because recorded TV streams often contain transmission errors, and most editors expect nice, orderly perfect video. Recordings from an antenna source tend to have more frequent transmission errors, but I have seen some in my recordings from digital cable too.

Cypheros TS Doctor and VideoReDo TV Suite are designed to deal with DTV captures containing transmission errors, although they are NOT laid like Sony Vegas. I'm not sure about Cypheros TS Doctor, but VideoReDo TV Suite imports WTV files directly, unless they are encrypted. WTV files won't be encrypted unless you are using a digital cable tuner to record a channel that your provider flags "copy-once". If the WTV files are encrypted, nothing that I am aware of will edit those files.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Magix pro = garbage as well
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    usually_quiet, thanks for chiming in!

My other threads can be disregarded, this is a completely new project, and one that is much simpler.

Today's project involves .wav files, .mpg files extracted from dvd, and video extracted from bluray.

It's the bluray extractions that are crashing the program, but for now we can ignore that issue because until the random frame issue is resolved, that doesn't matter.

So, sticking to a simple project of standard dvd extracted .mpg files and standard .wav files.....why do I always get problems creeping up of frames jumping around?

It seems to be an issue that creeps up every damn time, and once it starts, I can't seem to make it go away easily, and it causes me to either discard hours worth of work and abandon a project, or spend hours trying to fix it which sometimes works, or sometimes results in me discovering it coming back later.

It seems to be that at some point, I'll see an obviously wrong frame flash by while previewing. And I've checked, it does it on the render, so it's not just a preview issue. It seems to be random wrong frames from shortly earlier or later in the same video. If I stop and preview frame by frame, it shows up there as well.

Seems like some kind of obvious glaring bug that should have been fixed long ago, but here we are on Vegas 13, and we still have things like this happening.
    Last edited by Jon.G; 4th Jun 2016 at 16:11.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It should be noted that my projects typically consist of combining multiple sources into one final product, multiple audio and video sources. Having a layout like vegas that allows me to easily align multiple video and audio tracks and edit them really attracts me to it, if only the major bugs would be worked out of it. So far nothing else I've tried is anything like it.

My project today consists of trying to make a single product for one that wants to listen/watch the Beatles rooftop concert. So far I've put together a .wav file from a few sources that I'm happy with of the entire rooftop concert. I also have a boot of the Let It Be movie from an uncropped source, and the Anthology dvd set. And the 1+ bluray.

Step 1 - sync up footage on the movie with my audio source.

Step 2 - add anthology footage of 2 songs where they match up

Step 3 - 1+ footage? seems to be cobbled together stuff.....maybe use some of that to replace certain footage?

Step 4 - figure out what to do with songs that have no video footage....slideshow of pictures from internet probably

And then render and have a dvd quality movie of the entire rooftop concert, with video for portions that it exists, and slides for portions that don't, so I don't have to choose whether I want to listen to the whole concert, or watch highlights.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOL sounds more like it's your computer that's garbage. vegas 13 pro is pretty rock solid. premiere is no slouch either. you could try all the editors in the world but if it's your hardware that messes up when stressed none are going to work for you. they work just fine for the rest of us.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    My computer is solid, thank you very much. AMD FX 8350 Eight-Core Processor 4GHz, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series video card. Video card could be better I know, but adequate for what I'm doing on this PC. Anytime I use Vegas, as I get into a project, wrong frames keep showing up here and there. I seem to be able to save my project, close it, delete the information files that are created when opening material (not sure if that plays a role or not, just trying to clear the board as much as I can to get to square one), open the project and let everything process again, and have a good clean start....until things start corrupting again.

Vegas has always been that way for me, and I'm sick and tired of it. It is most definitely not a professional software. Which is a real shame, because there's nothing else quite like it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ugh......typical useless crap from this forum. No one ever answers my questions or actually discusses the issues here. What a waste of space this forum is.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What source filter does Vegas use? Directshow? Perhaps the problem is there
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is a classic case of GIGO. Animation courtesy of PDR.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Windows 7, 8 or 10?

Vegas works perfectly with 10.

for me it's the best version of Windows used for editing with Vegas.

Claudio
    Quote Quote