VideoHelp Forum

Try DVD Fab Video Downloader and rip Netflix video! Or Try DVD Fab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I have a LG DVD burner in my PC and it is set to region 1. I have Nero 11 installed to burn discs. The disc I burn with Nero are region1 or are they region free? I need these discs to be played in a region 4 player but for some reason they do not play, all of the discs are NTSC by the way.
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jose1269 View Post
    Hello,
    I have a LG DVD burner in my PC and it is set to region 1.
    That means absolutely NOTHING in this situation.

The disc I burn with Nero are region1 or are they region free?
    All(99%) home-made discs are region free.

I need these discs to be played in a region 4 player but for some reason they do not play, all of the discs are NTSC by the way.
    "Region 4" players are PAL....but 99% of players(and televisions) bought and sold in a PAL region can play anything you throw at them. Your problem is probably Nero and/or whether you are creating a valid DVD(VIDEO_TS folder).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Like most consumer burning software, Nero burns DVD-Video discs that are region free (all regions).
    NTSC vs PAL is a different issue. Some Region 4 countries use NTSC (e.g. Mexico, Chile), some Region 4 countries use PAL (e.g. Australia, Brazil). But most modern PAL hardware can handle NTSC discs (the reverse is a bit more problematic).

There may be some other reason your discs don't play.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, the player is Samsung and was bought in Mexico, so it is region 4/NTSC, the discs can be played in a Philips DVD player which is region free/NTSC, so the DVD structure must be fine, what do you think is going on with the region 4 player?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, the player is Samsung and was bought in Mexico, so it is region 4/NTSC, the discs can be played in a Philips DVD player which is region free/NTSC, so the DVD structure must be fine, what do you think is going on with the region 4 player?

Are you making/sending DVDs with a VIDEO_TS folder?.....yes or no.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I create them in Neros DVD Video option, they play in the computer and they also play in the old philips DVD player, in the Samsung DVD they keep loading for a few seconds and then you get a message saying can not load this disk please check the disk, the disk are Verbatim and Maxell
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Arent the discs dvd+r ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, they are DVD -R
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And have you finalized the discs ? I have not problem with both finalized or not finalized on my samsung BD-J5500, but I read it can be problem in some players.

Bernix
    Quote Quote