VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi folks just joined the forums today
    When I upload my fractal video to youtube I loose a fair bit of quailty on the upload. I have tried sony vages and prem on diffrent settings from h.264 etc resloution is 1920x1080 and 1280x720.
    I am a total noob at this so any advice would be most welcome.
    here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At4w_y-Ffag
    I have also uploaded from a pc and a laptop.
    Thanks Baboshka
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baboshka View Post
    Hi folks just joined the forums today
    When I upload my fractal video to youtube I loose a fair bit of quality on the upload.
    But of course. YouTube re-compresses everything.
    You could try to minimize the damage by uploading a lossless encode...
    — assuming that your Internet bandwidth (or /and your patience) is very-high or "infinite", bien entendu.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 3rd Jun 2016 at 14:33. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
  3. YouTube doesn't allow for enough bitrate to render all that kaleidoscope stuff in good quality. The video is just too complex. Download it from YouTube and check the bitrate in MediaInfo and then compare it to the source bitrate. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it as it still looks damned good and you should be proud. We are our own worst critics and the people and friends that watch it will never know.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks so much manono I will take your advice and not worry
    take care mate
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just curious: what program(s) did you use to make the fractals ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Just curious: what program(s) did you use to make the fractals ?
    I used Mandelbulb3D it is free to use. I started of making fractal images and moved on to making video's now, when my site is up I will link it if you like

http://mandelbulb.com/
    Quote Quote  
  7. Nice vid. Maybe making it shorter--yes, shorter--would be my advice. The shorter the video, the greater the exposure. Only keep what parts are important to the abstract message here.

Maybe use more graphic typography at the beginning so your video looks more professional.

Other than these small things, I enjoyed watching it!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Can you upload it to Google drive or similar please, I want to see the quality of your source file. I like it, it's very nice ...
    Quote Quote  
  9. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/378351-encoding-video-for-youtube?p=2443717&viewful...=1#post2443717
    and this thread is also recommended https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/371494-Youtube-videos-pixelated-every-5-seconds
    I suggest you to upscale your HD to 4k resolution before uploading to YT - there is small chance that overall quality will be improved.
    You may use for this some pixel art resizer (XBR for example) or if you have plenty of time NNEDI (both implemented in ffmpeg).
    Uploading VP9 can be good alternative for H.264 however beware that VP9 encoding is usually slower than H.264 due poor optimization VP9 and general VP9 design.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks folks for advice.
    Pandy I did a huge res one and it took a very very long time to upload and the end result was worse. I think I have tried everything under the sun hence comming here. I think as manono says its complex vid.
    As am on snail dial up this is nto helping me either, good job I have patience

I have not uploaded it anywhere eles but youtube and vimeo atm, flash will look into uploading google.

Thanks everyone for replies
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thank you, let me know the link to the file
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Baboshka View Post
    Pandy I did a huge res one and it took a very very long time to upload and the end result was worse. I think I have tried everything under the sun hence comming here.
    Hope you verified quality online not offline - common problem on quality are browser capabilities - download YT file locally then use some decent player to verify quality.
    4k upscale trick usually provide good quality as YT allocate highest possible bitrate, side to this YT intentionally encode H.264 incorrectly to promote own VP9 codec as such VP9 have usually better results and lower bitrate at the same time.

And yes, upload time can be longer but encoding time shorter so unless you pay for used bandwidth then fast encode is recommended.

I completely forget to mention that you may try improve compressibility by using some motion blur filter (hqdn3d and maybe tblend eventually weighted blend over time - all filters are present in ffmpeg).
    Quote Quote  
  13. cheers pandy I will look into. I am such a noob at this
    Quote Quote  
  14. I think he did one of the best fractal video that I have ever seen. Good job. Should be able to use that effect in a science fiction movie.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  15. Have you uploaded the video file to google drive?
    Quote Quote  
  16. sorry I have been snowed under sorting out my new website, when I have sorted it I will send you a pm.
    meanwhile this is what I have been busy on
    http://www.baboshka.co.uk/index.html
    thanks
    Quote Quote