VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

I recently found Pot player, which could be the best player ever, since it has a largest selection of video and audio filters and effects, as it instantly fixed my online video that had a bad sound feedback and hiss in video, with one of it's many audio processing-noise reduction filters.

However, I could not find any option in Potplayer, to save loaded Online videos to my PC or external drive, with maintaining the applied Video/Audio effects enhancements to my external USB drive.

Is there Any way possible, with Daum Potplayer or a simliar Video player (that also has many video and audio filters and effects built in or added) that can save effects enhanced videos to HD MP4 output or to at least a similiar video format?? Please do advise any suggestions or help possible.

Many Thanks for the help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can't be done
    those effects are done on the PC in real time to what is being played
    you can 'record' the file while playing it, and that will have the applied effects
    put the alterations can NOT be made to the stream being Downloaded that would mean mean recoding and remuxing
    things not done during a file download
    DL play and record/screen capture ..depends on the software used
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you can configure output of player to virtual capture driver (such as VH Screen Capture Driver or similar) then it should be possible to capture output with post-processing result, side to this most of audio card drivers should be capable to record from output - eventually you may search for similar approach as for video - some tee-sink audio filter with capture.
    But are you sure that none of such post-processing can't be achieved with dedicated tools for video/audio processing? Perhaps there is easier way to achieve your goal?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you play your video+audio with filters you can record it. In potplayer alt+C
    Just try video with audiofilter Voice removal and it works perfect.
    As theewizard mentioned, you have to play it to be able to capture it.
    So, what you see in potplayer window is what you get when you capture. And everything you hear you get as audio. Even MP3 played in f.e. in winamp, foobar2000, etc.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 1st Jun 2016 at 04:55.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Okay good stuff guys, wow, really appreciate the quick replies! So It appears there's is not many other options but to record/capture video by playing in it's entirety with applied effects, was hoping there was a video player or program that could somehow convert URL video on the fly in HD with applied video/audio enhancement effects.

The main reason was trying to avoid the video record/capture while playing option, was because of the many problems encountered in previous attempts to do this, using my WIN 7 PRO 64 Bit, 6GB RAM PC, even after closing all other programs on PC, since would like to output videos in 1080HD Mp4, I keep getting stuttering slow playback issues in video capture recording's output files with other programs used.
    Anyone know of any filter, plugin, or option can possibly use in Potplayer etc , to get smooth, while recording video output? Many thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, if I were you I capture to MPEG2 and reconvert it later to h264 or h265. I have much slower computer, but it works for me. Set Bitrate to 50.000KBps select V.Codec to MPEG-2-FFmpeg64.dll
    I think this way should all goes smoothly.
    Or you can setup player process priority to high, but it can slow down online video. Preference-> playback ->Process priority.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Generally speaking, it not feasible to have one program do everything(such as adding special effects AND recording at the same time).

Just imagine trying to play a VCR tape on fast forward and also trying to record onto the same tape at the same time. Obviously that would not work. Playing and recording are two different functions.

Ideally, you need one tool to produce the effects, and then a different tool to capture(record) this new output.

If you are willing to throw some money at this problem to solve it, then you might give this a try:

https://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-Rocket-Portable-Recorder-Systems/dp/B00GEBVEI6/ref=sr...+Game+Recorder

TC
    My Dell PC system info.....3.4 Ghz Quad Core i7 processor....... 12 gigs of ram DDR3...... Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.......video card Nvidia GTX 650
    Quote Quote  
  8. Not sure why I am not getting notified or emailed of any replies on any videohelp subscribed threads still?

Good info, but since I have many many, and quite a few videos and clips to work with, really trying to avoid using multiple programs, especially since video capturing already takes much longer process than just downloading in HD.

Also checked out that Amazon device True colors, looks good, but after already being stuck with so many outdated video and player devices, since much better and updated video devices keep coming out, these days I try to stick with mostly video software, much easier and less expensive to stay at least somewhat updated on technology.
    Cheers!!!
    Quote Quote