VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I haven't seen this posted before, so I figured I would share:

TMPG Authoring Works 5 (paid software) can create a Blu Ray from a DVD source. If it finds closed captions, it will put them into PGS containers, which are MKV compatible. It retains chapters and proper video length. From there, I use MakeMKV to make MKV files, although the M2TS files will play just fine once the Blu Ray is authored.

Thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use CCExtractorGUI for ripping closed captions which can be outputed to .SRT. Then with the .SRT you can use Subtitle Edit to convert to .SUP (PGS), or any other subtitle format you wish. And tsMuxeRGUI is pretty good at extracting .SUP (PGS) subtitles from Bluray .M2TS videos. All free.

I know CCExtractorGUI works on DVDs, ATSC broadcasts, and DVB broadcasts. I have yet to find CCs on a Bluray so I can't test that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use CCExtractorGUI as well. SRT subtitles tend to be more useful to me, particularly if I'm playing video with a built-in TV or Blu-ray media player, which may require subtitles to be in a separate file.
    Quote Quote