VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an Asus U47A with Windows 7 64-bit.
    When I press function + F2, I have two options. WLAN and Bluetooth. Even if I turn the WLAN off, I am still connected to the internet. Not sure if this option even works. My Intel Centrino N2230 has the latest driver 15.17.0.1 although it goes to "limited connection" from time to time. I can't figure out what's the issue. Windows updates are current. Driver is current. Have to disable and enable the wireless card for it to connect to the internet via the device manager as a workaround.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try this to see if F2 is working.
    Open Word. Type some text. Highlight it. Press F2. Do you see the words "Move to where?" in lower left corner. If you do then F2 key is working.

(I could never get the text to move anywhere but at least I know the function key F2 is responsive)

Or look here for more non responsive Function key problems: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/894513
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have read, that on some asus laptops is it only on and on others on/off. You can try this http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001410.htm#disable
    Hope it helps.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Try this to see if F2 is working.
    Open Word. Type some text. Highlight it. Press F2. Do you see the words "Move to where?" in lower left corner. If you do then F2 key is working.

(I could never get the text to move anywhere but at least I know the function key F2 is responsive)

Or look here for more non responsive Function key problems: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/894513
    F2 is working.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I keep getting limited access. The only way around this is to go to device manager, disable the intel centrino N2230, then enable it. It will then reconnect to the internet.

Even if I press function F2, it will "turn on" the WLAN, but it still shows limited access. I don't think this button works.
    This is the only device that does this. Other devices do not get limited access. I tried resetting the modem and the router but still happens intermittenly. Drivers are all updated and Windows 7 updates are all current. I'm stuck.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried Uninstalling the wireless card
    And restarting the computer and let windows reinstall
    The wireless card ???
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Have you tried Uninstalling the wireless card
    And restarting the computer and let windows reinstall
    The wireless card ???
    Yes I have. It works for awhile then does it again.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, restart your computer and go into your computer bios setting
    And select factory default settings then
    Restart your computer. Also check your Internet connection settings
    And check your Internet protocol settings for the obtain IP address automatically
    And the dns server automatically.
    Last edited by october262; 21st May 2016 at 00:37.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    OK, restart your computer and go into your computer bios setting
    And select factory default settings then
    Restart your computer. Also check your Internet connection settings
    And check your Internet protocol settings for the obtain IP address automatically
    And the dns server automatically.
    I did BIOs back to factory settings.
    The Internet protocol and DNS server is automatic.

It worked for a few days but today when I started my computer, it would not start windows normally. It made me repair and I have three options.

1) Recover windows to first partition only.

2) Recover windows to entire HD.

3) Recover windows to entire HD with two partitions.

Does that mean something corrupt happened and I need to reformat my computer? I have all my files including Windows on the first partition (C drive) so something must have happened and I am going to lose all my files if I recover windows.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did your computer Come with a recovery disk ??
    or try rebooting in safe mode.
    Last edited by october262; 22nd May 2016 at 18:45.
    Quote Quote