VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having the hardest time creating a DVD-Video that also has a folder of photos accessible from a computer.
    I've seen similar questions asked all over the net, but have yet to find an answer that works.

I have a DVD image (either as a directory or an ISO). I want to burn it so that it's playable in a standard DVD player.
    But if you put it in a computer there's a way to access a folder of additional content, either alongside the VIDEO_TS
    or in a separate session. I'm using a Mac with an Apple Superdrive.

I can easily make a disk that plays from a computer, but this needs to work in a home DVD player.
    Would really appreciate any pointers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Normally you would just make an extra folder called DATA with your pictures in it......then load the VIDEO_TS folder into ImgBurn FIRST to let it recognize that it is supposed to burn DVD Video, then add the DATA folder and burn away.....
    but you are on a Mac.
    Oh well.

Quote Quote  
  3. but this needs to work in a home DVD player.
    Not possible.

You can create a DATA folder as mentioned along with VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS on a video-DVD and access it from a computer. Not from a stand-alone DVD-player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    but this needs to work in a home DVD player.
    Not possible.

You can create a DATA folder as mentioned along with VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS on a video-DVD and access it from a computer. Not from a stand-alone DVD-player.
    Yes possible.
    My old Centrum Gemini DVD player, and my dad's old Apex DVD recorder/player easily read the DATA folder as long as they were .jpg images.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I stand corrected. Sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To be clear I only want the movie to be playable from a standalone player.
    I don't care about accessing the extra content that way.

Yeah, I've got an old Apex player that could read anything short of a beer mat, but that doesn't help.
    The content is a school theatrical production and I'm making multiple copies for the parents.
    I want to include about 500 print-quality photos too; if I can put them all on the same disk then that's great.

I do have access to a PC with a DVD burner so I'll take a look at ImgBurn, but I was hoping to find a Mac solution.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by David Tong View Post
    To be clear I only want the movie to be playable from a standalone player.
    I don't care about accessing the extra content that way.
    Oh hell....you are good to go then.
    Quote Quote