VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So for whatever reason, whenever I download videos via Any Video Converter, it doesn't save them as MP4's, it saves them as webm's. I have VCL installed so I CAN play them, but I never use VCL unless the video has a Codec Windows Media Player can't identify.

It's now saving them as webm and having the default player be VCL, when a week ago it was saving them as MP4's and the default player was Windows Media Player. Any idea what happened? I fiddled around with the video settings and now I feel like I screwed it up even more, and unfortunately, I don't think Any Video Converter as a "reset to default settings" button :/

Any help would be appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ThrowawayQuestion View Post
    But from you first. Please provide facts. Show us your complete setup, which container / video / audio formats you set up. By the way, MP4 is just the container. But it can only be used with a few distinct content formats, like AVC (H.264) or HEVC (H.265) video, but not VP8/9 video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    Originally Posted by ThrowawayQuestion View Post
    But from you first. Please provide facts. Show us your complete setup, which container / video / audio formats you set up. By the way, MP4 is just the container. But it can only be used with a few distinct content formats, like AVC (H.264) or HEVC (H.265) video, but not VP8/9 video.
    Uh... Well it happened without me changing anything, after finding this out, THEN I went to see if I could make it go back to normal.

I actually just went to see if I could download another video and it ended up working just fine (Saved as an MP4, default program was Windows Media Player) I downloaded a few more random videos and they all came out the same, so it's just that one video.

I guess I should have done that in the first place, but it didn't occur to me it might be just for the single video. So I guess I'm all good now haha.
    Quote Quote