VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can someone please point me to where the setup configurations are for frameserving in VirtualDub v1.10.4? This used to be via a small program in the installation folder called Auxsetup, but I can't find it anymore. I'm using VDub v1.10.4 x64 in W7 and am looking to frameserve into Handbrake.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Same place as usual under File > Start frame server

For 64bit before you launch the program you should apply frameserver64.reg details located in the install folder

64bit does not generally contain Auxsetup, depending on where the install folder was downloaded from may, only 32bit installs include it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that. Handbrake must not be able to access via frameserving in that case. No worries.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Any ffmpeg based converter (Handbrake is one of them) will try to read AVIs with own splitters and decoders (libavformats, libavcodecs). Using any frameserver like AviSynth or VDF instead requires that applications let Windows read and decode an AVI with VfW codecs, which ffmpeg usually does not support.
    Quote Quote  
  5. there is a way how to get frame server into Handbrake, using AVFS and Pismo File Mount for those who want to use Handbrake for encoding,

some workflow is described here , it how to export from Vegas to Handbrake by script, so modified workflow could be used to load that VirtualDub frame server
    Quote Quote