VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I have a clip which is way too red so I played around with it in Vdub using RGBEQ. I got an OK-ish result. Then I tried it in MeGUI using Tweak(sat=0.7) and that simple command gave me a better looking image.

With Vdub, using sliders is nice and easy and you immediately see what you're getting. With MeGUI, I was constantly changing the script and then refreshing the preview. Is that the only way avisynth filtering can be done – typing, refreshing, typing, refreshing?

I've seen people say they do their avisynthing with Vdub so I tried it. However, that method seems even more cumbersome as you have to save and close the script before Vdub (using F2) registers the changes.

What, then, would you say is the most efficient way of previewing the effects of avisynth commands? Thanks for your time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. forget vdub, use asvpmod >>>> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=153248

you can use multi tabs and switch back & forth , you can compare before/after filtering and much more, quickly modify you script, preview again etc...
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use AvsPmod.

Just be aware that it can be unstable.
    Noting that VirtualDub is also just as unstable with Avisynth.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post
    I've seen people say they do their avisynthing with Vdub so I tried it. However, that method seems even more cumbersome as you have to save and close the script before Vdub (using F2) registers the changes.
    I never close the script. I change or add or remove something and then save it (CTRL S) followed by the F2.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can use animate within an AviSynth script to animate your Tweak() with different values.

Code:
    Function AnimateTweak(clip c, float saturation)
    {
      Tweak(c, sat=saturation)
      Subtitle(String(Tweak))
    }

WhateverSource()
    Loop(100, 0, 0) # loop frame 0 (or whatever frame you want) 100 times
    Animate (0,100, "AnimateTweak",  last,0.0,  last, 2.0) # vary saturation from 0.0 to 2.0 over the first 100 frames
    You can then open the video in VirtualDub and scroll around to see the result. I use this technique a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by pooksahib View Post

With Vdub, using sliders is nice and easy and you immediately see what you're getting. With MeGUI, I was constantly changing the script and then refreshing the preview. Is that the only way avisynth filtering can be done – typing, refreshing, typing, refreshing?

You can setup sliders in avspmod too, so near instant feedback like vdub sliders. Tweak already has a slider setup since it's an internal avisynth function
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks guys, avspmod is just what I was hoping for.

jagabo, you never cease to impress me with your knowledge of command line. Is there a 'book' somewhere with all that stuff?
    Quote Quote