VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by CZbwoi View Post
    - Alright, I did so but now it looks different/worse than the original version you had with the darks/brights, it's more bland.
    When I came up with those RGBAdust() values I was using the left half of the image in post #19. I don't know exactly what processing you did on that half of the image but you'll have to adjust the RGBAdjust() values to suit the original video.

When I converted the section of the script I mistakenly left out one line, the ColorYUV() after Overlay(). That darkened the image and increased the saturation a bit.

Originally Posted by CZbwoi View Post
    - When I want to crop only a small part of the screen that could be white, how do I so do so without mindlessly guessing random dimensions?
    I usually just open the video in AviSynth, export the frame, then use an image editor that shows X,Y locations.

- If I run into a video with no definitive white parts I can work with, and I can't "fix the white color balance",
    You can try looking at blacks or pure greys as a guide but that probably won't work as well.

what's the next cause of action to fixing the colors to get it all right? Another specific color I jump to try to guess and alter? Using RGBAdjust or some other way?
    You can look for anything else with a known color and try to match that color.

- You always alter the red and blue part of the RGB, no green. Is this generally how it is and I shouldn't mess with the green?
    You can alter any of them. I chose to make red and blue match green in this case because green was in the middle. Making green and blue match green would have brightened the image. Making red and green match blue would have darkened the image.

- In your post, you moved the red and blue levels to line up exactly with the green one, the goal is to always have them lined up straight, correct?
    For all pure shades of grey, R=G=B. Of course, in the real world things that are "white" are rarely pure white. You can make the scene a little warmer by leaving red a little higher and blue a litter lowe than green. Or make the scene a little colder by making blue a little higher and red a little lower.

- For my night scenes, like the last couple pics in that list of pics I provided, you said I'd have to do something different other than finding a white balance like I'm doing here in these indoor rooms. What would I need to do or look for to fix in those clips to obtain the natural colors I want?
    I don't now what the correct colors are for those images. Maybe the video pans around or something else passes through the frame -- look for something you think should be white. Otherwise, just guess and do what looks good to you.

But, as was mentioned earlier: there are much easier tools than AviSynth for adjusting colors. Most video editors have tools for that.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mountains of gear vaporeon800's Avatar
    Search PM
    When I want to crop only a small part of the screen that could be white, how do I so do so without mindlessly guessing random dimensions?
    AvsPmod has a built-in tool for cropping. Video -> Crop editor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks jagabo and vaporeon800.
    Quote Quote