+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by clemenzina View Post
    Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post

Another issue I do have is the cropping feature in Virtualdub2. It's ridiculous. Nothing like the crop feature in Virtualdub.
    What type of "issue" do you have with VD2's Crop feature? I use it frequently and can't visualise a problem, but then I've never used VirtualDub and hesitate to try it because the latest version is so very old.

I didn’t know you could move the frame around in the Filter Preview box. That makes things easier.

Here is a screenshot of Virtualdub’s Filter Input Cropping box. Notice it shows the whole frame so you can crop both top and bottom and both sides without having to move anything.

I was stretching the box in Virtualdub2 trying to get to the sides and it was making things difficult. Covering up the Filter Input Cropping Box. Being able to move the frame around makes things easier.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Virtualdub FFMpeg Input Plugin project was removed from sourceforge.net. It was removed in June 2022: http://web.archive.org/web/20220610171440/https://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualdubf...tplugin/files/

Is there archive with all available for download versions?

[Attachment 73848 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 73847 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 73846 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Virtualdub2 has reverted back to "Caching Input Driver" and there is no way to change it back to "Audio Video Interleave Input Driver".

Everything is grayed out under Input Driver. The drop down menu to change input drivers does not work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mine becomes active if I click on an AVI, before I click "Open". Then I can select AVI Input Driver.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Mine becomes active if I click on an AVI, before I click "Open". Then I can select AVI Input Driver.
    Yeah, that worked for the AVI but the input driver is still grayed out. What do you do if you have an MKV that you want to edit and direct stream copy to AVI. There is no other input driver that works with direct stream copy.

I guess I have to use Avidemux and direct stream copy to AVI and then use Virtualdub2 to edit and direct stream copy. I have an MKV that if I open in regular Virtualdub, it plays out of sync but when I open it in Virtualdub2 it plays fine but there is no way to direct stream copy.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DarrellS
    What do you do if you have an MKV that you want to edit and direct stream copy to AVI.
    I don't know about that one.

I guess I have to use Avidemux and direct stream copy to AVI and then use Virtualdub2 to edit and direct stream copy.
    Depending on your editing requirements, you can (Direct-Stream/Smart R) Copy-Copy MKVs in AVIDemux. Set the start point with the A button and end point with the End button. It may depend on the actual video codec (MKV is just the container).

But yes, if you want to DSC edit in VDub2, it looks like you've got to get the file into AVI format.

I suspect VDub1x predates MKV by so much that it can't deal with MKVs well.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Originally Posted by DarrellS
    What do you do if you have an MKV that you want to edit and direct stream copy to AVI.
    I don't know about that one.

I guess I have to use Avidemux and direct stream copy to AVI and then use Virtualdub2 to edit and direct stream copy.
    Depending on your editing requirements, you can (Direct-Stream/Smart R) Copy-Copy MKVs in AVIDemux. Set the start point with the A button and end point with the End button. It may depend on the actual video codec (MKV is just the container).

But yes, if you want to DSC edit in VDub2, it looks like you've got to get the file into AVI format.

I suspect VDub1x predates MKV by so much that it can't deal with MKVs well.
    I ended up going the Avidemux route. For just editing parts out it seems to work better. Cutting with Virtualdub, I have to keep going back and cutting it again because it leaves ten or fifteen frames at the end where I made my cut. Avidemux usually cuts it right where I want it. I've just used Virtualdub for so long. If I need to do editing where I'm cropping and using filters then I'll use Virtualdub.
    Quote Quote