VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Short story: I do this for fun and also to clean my gopro material shot while traveling.
    There are lots of issues fixed from original VirtualDub, also I made some video filters that are most important IMO for basic image enhancement.

https://sourceforge.net/p/vdfiltermod/wiki/Home/

Appreciate defect reports, complaints etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i dont see t or checck them yet, but thank you for share them.

i wish know do this kind of stuff but i not have skills.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks for the modifications — I will run some tests as soon as I finish my transition to Windows 7

BTW — how about moving the project to GitHub
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    how about moving the project to GitHub?
    For what benefit? It would take considerable amount of time so the reason must be really good
    Quote Quote  
  5. http://gfycat.com/PaleShorttermBelugawhale

Sorry converted quality sucks, but I see no way to control it.

Before making this filter I tried various things.
    MultiAdjust, RGB Equalizer, ColorMill, Gradation Curves... The impression was: too convoluted UI (imho), and/or low performance, and/or simply not able to reach desired effect.
    I wanted something fast, easy and with enough precision and range. The closest match was "Lab" but with issues too.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I miss Avisynth support in original VirtualDub and this is most beneficial addon to any VDub fork.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Please explain: did I break Avisynth support? How it worked (what kind of support)?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Avisynth support working fine.

What issues have you fixed??
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Xebika View Post
    Please read that wiki page and also readme in download section. If something needs explanation I can give more details.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    Please explain: did I break Avisynth support? How it worked (what kind of support)?
    Simple - Avisynth editor in VirtualDub.
    Same functionality like https://www.videohelp.com/software/VirtualdubMOD only with best from new VirtualDub and Avisynth - as i can understand objection from VirtualDub author (he openly expressed no interest in native Avisynth script support and edition) but this is most crucial functionality form any VirtualDub fork (i use old VirtualDubMod due of this - Avisynth is more important to mee than VirtualDub).
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    Originally Posted by Xebika View Post
    Please read that wiki page and also readme in download section. If something needs explanation I can give more details.
    Ok i will have a look in the wiki.
    Quote Quote  
  12. pandy:

I see. To be clear I am not avs user so I dont`have interest to make it. But maybe I can help if there is someone who can contribute this feature and understands it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    pandy:

I see. To be clear I am not avs user so I dont`have interest to make it. But maybe I can help if there is someone who can contribute this feature and understands it.
    Well, you are not alone - seem there is lot of happy VirtualDub users with same approach however i see this feature as the most important for VirtualDub as VirtualDub can't provide Avisynth quality and control over video material.
    Quote Quote  
  14. New portion of enhancements (version 9).

There is a lot of small fixes that make navigation much smoother and useful:
    - no more flashing each time I start and pause preview
    - time position is redrawing when it should (for example it was expected to see it stuck while holding left arrow)
    - scan scene forward / backward works with output pane
    - etc
    Added markers.

Another small feature: there is an option under File -> Export -> Stream copy
    This is part of input plugin and allows to extract selected fragment (powered by ffmpeg). However it does not work with all formats. Luckily, it does work for mp4-avc and some types of avi (haven't tried too many).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tried this out in Linux under Wine. It works fine and the new filters are cool. The Export > Stream Copy works ok in my tests, but the cut points aren't very close. It doesn't seem to default to nearest keyframe as it should by using ffmpeg. I'll have to test it on more source files.

Good job over all and I like the new additions.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  16. Thanks!
    Cut points are expanded such that selected part is fully included, so if selection start is 59 and there are keyframes at 0 and 60, it will pick 0.
    Anyway it also should work to select exact points with shift etc.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Version 10

Most valuable fix imo: sorted all the messiness of display panes.
    What was wrong before:
    All the time you open a video (or image) which is larger than screen, the display pane will expand beyond your reach, break aspect ratio, and block access to other ui elements.

Now display panes are always constrained within meaningful area. This does not prevent to zoom at exact resolution (or 2x etc): you can drag the picture inside display pane to see all parts of it.
    Another consequence is that now it is always possible to expand display pane to all available area without breaking aspect ratio.
    Same with filter preview window.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Smart rendering doesn't work in the fork 1.10.5 pre-release build 37200.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	1686
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	37401
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by sambat View Post
    Smart rendering doesn't work in the fork 1.10.5 pre-release build 37200.
    Give me more info. Have you done the same procedure before and it worked? In which version?
    What is file format, what is codec?
    Have you opened the file with "Audio/video interleave" option? My pack is configured to use FFMpeg option by default, this is not suitable for smart rendering.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    use FFMpeg option by default, this is not suitable for smart rendering.
    I wasn't aware of that, so ignore my post.
    Bye.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Version 11

Added script editor (ported from VDMod)
    more info
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Script editor works great, thanks for posting the update.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  23. shekh, I commend you for undertaking this project. For almost a decade now I wished virtualdub could edit MP4/MKV including Directstream copy. One solution was to use AVI for H264 but possible problems could arise from this and autistic retards from doom9 would go apeshit. And all the free editors they were developing/pushing (Avidemux) would produce corrupted bitstreams and all kinds of problems.
    Given this problem and the fact that I was surrounded by demented idiots I seriously wanted to learn programming back in 2008 so I could update Virtualdub myself and fix this fücking colossal problem once and for all. Alas, real life problems got in the way.

I really hope you will be the one to finally implement this.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Thanks! However I dont have plans concerning direct copy for near future. I am evaluating what would be possible but the task seems too complex: I need to grab a lot of knowledge about streams formats etc, and I have no big interest in this / have no much reason to use direct copy for whatever.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    im wondering why virtualdub being free and looks like open source, and widely use for users, why dont get improvements by users able to work in it?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Note that VirtualDub itself was closed for contribution so this was big problem for anyone trying to improve.

I agree VirtualDub is great.
    I wanted to experiment with some filter and needed platform for it which was easy to begin, fast and robust at basic operations, open source (with meaningful source), somewhat popular and could actually do something useful. Anyone know alternative to VirtualDub?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    Thanks! However I dont have plans concerning direct copy for near future. I am evaluating what would be possible but the task seems too complex: I need to grab a lot of knowledge about streams formats etc, and I have no big interest in this / have no much reason to use direct copy for whatever.
    For editing of course, especially if I need to change only part of a video and don't want to recompress the entire thing (smart rendering). Using mkvmerge to split and join videos is hellatedious and annoying. It would be great to work with them normally.
    Once upon a time I had to remux to the MP4/MKV to AVI to make my cuts in virtualdub and then remux back to MKV but now I can't even do this if I use certain encoding options.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Adding "native" support for x264 encoder.

All these formats are supported: yv12, yv16, yv24, rgb (both 8 and 10 bit).
    Colorspace options 601/709 and full/limited range for all yuv formats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	compression.png
Views:	1426
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	38163

There is too many cases to test, I dont even try what happens in other modes than full processing. Report any inconsistent behavior
    Last edited by shekh; 24th Sep 2016 at 16:03.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Getting "Page Not Found" error on that version 13 preview link.
    Quote Quote  
  30. thanks, fixed
    Quote Quote