VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. This is strange. Dou you mix it with any other plugins or extract the archive into clean directory?
    I just realized the error message can be from different plugin.
    Please show screenshots with driver dropdown expanded
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    This is strange. Dou you mix it with any other plugins or extract the archive into clean directory?
    I just realized the error message can be from different plugin.
    Please show screenshots with driver dropdown expanded
    As I said I just replaced it with the old version, I've only added logo (1.7) plugin by DG.

You have to select a file in order for Input driver to be available, I had a bit of trouble finding that out.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Where did you get the archive and which version?
    if you unpack VirtualDub_FilterMod_40121.zip from sourceforge, the "ffmpeg_default" driver name has long gone (since this new "Open video" dialog).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    Where did you get the archive and which version?
    if you unpack VirtualDub_FilterMod_40121.zip from sourceforge, the "ffmpeg_default" driver name has long gone (since this new "Open video" dialog).
    If you mean VD Filtermod, I got it from sourceforge, v40121.
    Maybe I shouldn't have extracted it to the same folder as the old version. Later I will download it from sourceforge again and extract it to a clean folder this time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, some files must be removed, not good idea to overwrite directory. Remove cch_input.vdf for sure.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    Yes, some files must be removed, not good idea to overwrite directory. Remove cch_input.vdf for sure.
    Will do, thanks.

What does [+] mean as frame indicator ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. [+] frames are not real, instead they show copy of previous good frame.
    The conditions when this happens are quite loose, maybe damaged file, maybe vfr to cfr conversion or other timestamp mismatch.
    If you believe it is wrong give me a sample file.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I just wanted to confirm that after deleting "VirtualDub.org" key from the registry and extracting VirtualDub FilterMod to a clean directory it worked, thank you.
    No I was just curious. There were only 2 frames like this in the end of a video file.
    Is it possible to output h264 stream without muxing it into any container ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. > There were only 2 frames like this in the end of a video file

In this case most likely the reason is inexact estimation of the number of frames from total duration. This procedure is inexact without brute-force counting all frames.

> Is it possible to output h264 stream without muxing it into any container

I just tried, and luckily it works
    In the output select "any format by ffmpeg" and type filename extension ".h264" -> ffmpeg understands to write raw stream.
    Quote Quote  
  10. It works
    Thank you again.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi shekh.

When playing through a video or using CTRL+G I constantly get the "Out of memory" error. This didn't happen with the older versions. Any idea as to what might be the problem ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. What is shown at the bottom of file->information window? One possibility is too big cache, in that case you will see some big memory usage numbers.
    Also tell me are you running x86 or x64, how much physical memory you have and do you have page file enabled (how big).
    Quote Quote  
  13. What is shown at the bottom of file->information window?
    Code:
    Seeking: index present
    Memory cache: 480 frames / 1209M reserved, 100% used
    Frames decoded: 1253
    The memory usage in Task Manager is 160 MB.

Also tell me are you running x86 or x64, how much physical memory you have and do you have page file enabled (how big).
    Win 7 SP1 x64 with 4 GB of RAM and 4 GB page file.
    Quote Quote  
  14. It is still not quite clear what happens in your case. Even if 1200M is taken for cache it is still not the end of world.
    Maybe it can help now if you increase page file limit. In the next version (coming soon) I will provide options for cache size.
    What exactly the error message says? Are you adding any filters or anything special?
    Looks like you run virtualdub.exe (x86 aka 32bit) because 160 MB is so small. 32bit version of input driver uses shared memory, it is accounted on behalf of some system process instead of virtualdub.exe, so you better watch total used memory.
    Quote Quote  
  15. What exactly the error message says?
    Exactly says "Out of memory"

Are you adding any filters or anything special?
    Nothing, I'm just playing the input pane.

Looks like you run virtualdub.exe (x86 aka 32bit) because 160 MB is so small. 32bit version of input driver uses shared memory, it is accounted on behalf of some system process instead of virtualdub.exe, so you better watch total used memory.
    Yeah, I was only using the 32bit version so I tried the 64bit version for the first time today and the memory usage reported by the Task Manager was 570 MB and there were no more errors. Now something odd has happened, even when using the 32bit version the memory usage is around 570 MB and there have been no more errors up to now.
    Quote Quote  
  16. But are you playing the same file as before or different file? Because memory usage is different for each file.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    But are you playing the same file as before or different file? Because memory usage is different for each file.
    The same file.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by leonsk View Post
    Hi shekh.

When playing through a video or using CTRL+G I constantly get the "Out of memory" error. This didn't happen with the older versions. Any idea as to what might be the problem ?
    New version is less demanding on memory (build 40301).
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can I have multiple segments of a video under File>Export>Stream Copy? How do I mark the segments and get them saved? At present, I am able to get only one segment.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by shans View Post
    Can I have multiple segments of a video under File>Export>Stream Copy? How do I mark the segments and get them saved? At present, I am able to get only one segment.
    No, does not append segments.
    https://sourceforge.net/p/vdfiltermod/wiki/direct_copy/
    Quote Quote  
  21. New version is less demanding on memory (build 40301).
    Great, I'll try it.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Just ran across the program. I see 6 exe's in the folder which one do I run?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Veedub64.exe = 64 bit (can use more memory)
    VirtualDub.exe = 32 bit (more compatible with legacy plugins, if you want them)
    Quote Quote  
  24. OK, thanks. Just tried opening a vapoursynth script but I get error - AVI Import Filter Error: Unknown
    Quote Quote  
  25. Did you install VapourSynth? This message is typically because of installation problems.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I used the portable version of vapoursynth. The Vapoursynth Editor is working fine after I entered the vapoursynth paths in it's settings, but I wanted to try out your application. How do I tell your app that VS is installed? Should I just try to register vapoursynth.dll?
    Quote Quote  
  27. I don't know if it is possible. I only tested with normal installer.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    thanks, fixed
    DONT LET VIRTUALDUB TO DIE PLEASE

thanks you all this is the first program i used from the days i convered divx avi's thanks
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello shekh and thank you for VirtualDub2

I record from live wildlife webcams. I edit clips from very long recordings with Freemake Video Converter (because it has a big interface and is very simple to use, I won't go into its many shortcomings!) and upload to YouTube for interested parties in wildlife forums.

Many of the cams are low-quality, and my software is not the best, so I used to use YouTube's "Enhancements" but they have now been withdrawn. That's why I came to install VirtualDub2, and it's doing a great job considering my low level of expertise. The GUI is a mess on my 4K display (as with many programs) so I changed the compatibility properties and at least can now see the controls

Input files are mp4, VD2 outputs avi. That's fine.

I use x264 10-bit compression (guessing from Google that its size/quality ratio was best for me) and:

Brightness/contrast
    Sharpen
    Saturation (found in 6-axis color correction)

But I haven't found an equivalent to YouTube's "Fill Light", which was brilliant for brightening dark scenes without adding glare - especially useful for nighttime scenes with poor IR light. Should I be able to find a similar filter in VirtualDub2?

I hope there's not too much info here, but thought it might help to know the simple sort of "work" I do
    Quote Quote  
  30. Just passing by to say thank you for keeping this project alive!
    Quote Quote