VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi~ I really really appreciate you to make new Vdub & Filters. That is amazaing
    And I hope to use vdf via Avisynth. so I tried to make avisynth script. But.. I failed.
    Could you help me finish this work Plz?

function VD_SixAxis(clip clip, float "Inten_A", float "Inten_B", float "Inten_C",
    \ float "R_G", float "Y_B", float "Sat",
    \ float "R_A", float "R_B", float "O_A", float "O_B",
    \ float "L_A", float "L_B", float "E_A", float "E_B",
    \ float "B_A", float "B_B", float "P_A", float "P_B")
    {
    LoadVirtualdubPlugin(VirtualDub_plugin_directory+" \sixaxis.vdf", "_VD_SixAxis")

Inten_A = DG_FloatToInt(Inten_A)
    Inten_B = DG_FloatToInt(Inten_B)
    Inten_C = DG_FloatToInt(Inten_C)

R_G = DG_FloatToInt(R_G)
    Y_B = DG_FloatToInt(Y_B)

Sat = DG_FloatToInt(Sat)

R_A = DG_FloatToInt(R_A)
    R_B = DG_FloatToInt(R_B)

O_A = DG_FloatToInt(O_A)
    O_B = DG_FloatToInt(O_B)

L_A = DG_FloatToInt(L_A)
    L_B = DG_FloatToInt(L_B)

E_A = DG_FloatToInt(E_A)
    E_B = DG_FloatToInt(E_B)

B_A = DG_FloatToInt(B_A)
    B_B = DG_FloatToInt(B_B)

P_A = DG_FloatToInt(P_A)
    P_B = DG_FloatToInt(P_B)

return clip._SixAxis(DG_FloatToInt(Inten_A),DG_FloatToInt (Inten_B),DG_FloatToInt(Inten_C),DG_FloatToInt(R_G ),DG_FloatToInt(Y_B),DG_FloatToInt(Sat),
    \ DG_FloatToInt(R_A),DG_FloatToInt(R_B),DG_FloatToIn t(O_A),DG_FloatToInt(O_B),DG_FloatToInt(L_A),DG_Fl oatToInt(L_B),
    \ DG_FloatToInt(E_A),DG_FloatToInt(E_B),DG_FloatToIn t(B_A),DG_FloatToInt(B_B),DG_FloatToInt(P_A).DG_Fl oatToInt(P_B))
    }
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don`t know how to use Avisynth, but all parameters in this filter are floating point. You should not use FloatToInt and definitely not twice

try something like this

Code:
    function VD_SixAxis(clip clip, float "Inten_A", float "Inten_B", float "Inten_C",
    \ float "R_G", float "Y_B", float "Sat",
    \ float "R_A", float "R_B", float "O_A", float "O_B",
    \ float "L_A", float "L_B", float "E_A", float "E_B",
    \ float "B_A", float "B_B", float "P_A", float "P_B")
    {
    LoadVirtualdubPlugin(VirtualDub_plugin_directory+" \sixaxis.vdf", "_VD_SixAxis")

return clip._SixAxis(Inten_A,Inten_B,Inten_C,R_G,Y_B,Sat,  R_A,R_B,O_A,O_B,L_A,L_B,  E_A,E_B,B_A,B_B,P_A.P_B)
    }
    Quote Quote  
  3. Updated to version 13

Integrated x264, FFV1, Huffyuv encoders.
    Direct copy and smart rendering can work through ffmpeg driver, with limitation to I-frame only formats.
    Improved some UI`s: now it is hard to miss compression option when saving video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    Integrated x264, FFV1, Huffyuv encoders.
    Direct copy and smart rendering can work through ffmpeg driver, with limitation to I-frame only formats.
    Does this mean we can output MP4/MKV files with virtualdub, finally?
    Quote Quote  
  5. [QUOTE=-Habanero-;2460837]
    Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    Does this mean we can output MP4/MKV files with virtualdub, finally?
    Not yet, but I see how it is possible.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    Not yet, but I see how it is possible.
    Awesome, keep up the good work, homie. I've been drooling over this prospect since 2008. It has been a huge pain in the ass editing videos contained in MKV with goddamn MKVMerge where I can't see what I'm doing or that buggy Avidemux.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The way I see writing to other formats: I can give this work to FFMPEG via yet another plugin interface.
    However I am still clueless why someone using VD should prefer other format over AVI.
    Variable framerate? Not supported by input anyway.
    Maybe can save a tiny overhead with h264 (in AVI it has to store something extra per keyframe, afaik).
    MP4 also has some madness with PCM audio.
    Quote Quote  
  8. It irks me that someone smart enough to program can't see why people don't use a 24-year-old container anymore. Where do I even begin? No H264 without corruption, no HE-AAC audio, no Opus, multiple tracks are a pain in the ass, need I go on?

AVI is outdated. That's all there's to it. I clung onto it out of desperation for the simple fact that Virtualdub couldn't edit anything other than AVI. It still worked fine for H264 up until mb-tree came out which caused random corruption upon playback. Even then, when I needed to edit my MP4/MKV files, I would remux to AVI so I could quickly edit with Virtualdub and mux back to MKV.
    I can't even do that now. AVI is done for.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Please understand that I can do small changes solving specific problems. I dont want yet to study full H264 specification and how it interacts in practice with all possible containers.
    If you (or anyone) can contribute simple failure points then maybe the thing can move forward.
    Writing something to mkv is not hard. But you mention HE-AAC, Opus and multiple tracks which are other (new/unsolvable) problems.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I understand that but I urge you to understand why H264 in AVI is more than just a "tiny overhead" problem. It produces corruption. I was a staunch advocate of using H264 in AVI up until mb-tree guaranteed corruption upon playback.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I searched and macroblock tree is algorithm to guide compression, not format detail. It cannot itself be compatibility problem if I understood correctly.
    So question is what is the procedure to produce that corruption? Are cutting off IDR boundary?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I don't know, I just know that was when I first started experiencing decoding problems. August 2009, after the introduction of mb-tree. After having spent so much energy resisting autistic anti-VFW fücktards, getting banned from several places in the process, I will not waste my time now doing the opposite.

H264 in AVI can't be edited frame-accurately anymore, there are high risks of decoding errors and a lot of overhead. There is literally no discussion about it anymore, it's long been established that the container is outdated and should be abandoned. Almost 100% of the time, the vidoe I'll be editing will have sound in it. Being 2016, that sound is likely to be AAC or Opus which cannot go in AVI without huge overhead. And if Opus manages to fit in AVI, the overhead would likely be the case of Vorbis; a couple times larger than the video itself.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I am not defending AVI, I asked "corruption example" to have a working fact to look at.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I don't have one, I don't have any H264 AVIs around encoded after 2009. The point is that it's a non-standard way of storing H264 which leads to potential decoding errors because there's no standardized way of playback. It might work on one player but display a rainbow acid trip on another.
    If you want the most obvious problem, try editing any H264 AVI encode that used B-pyramid. You will have up to 16 frames dropped (and the accompanying delay in audio as a result) as well as the x frames of delay during seeking so good luck editing anything frame-accurately. You can't fix the problem of a format being incompatible with an outdated container.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks shekh for the updates. This is a great addition to an old, but still useful tool!

@ -Habanero-, You can export to mp4, mov, mkv, webm or whatever out of Virtualdub via external encoder feature. If you want a better video cutter than AviDemux, use XmediaRecode via stream copy.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  16. racer-x, Virtualdub can't export direct stream externally. If I wanna completely re-encode, I don't need virtualdub at all.
    As for this XMedia Recode thing, it's MKVMerge with a half-ass attempt at implementing a video preview. I want a video EDITOR, not a lame front-end for two-second jobs which I don't even need a display for in the first place.

1. No proper display and not displayed at its original resolution. It allows me to choose between 3 wrong resolutions.
    2. Can't browse by frames. Frame numbers aren't even displayed.
    3. Can't browse by keyframes so how the hell do I even know what I'm cutting direct stream?

Don't waste my time. I've hopelessly dicked around for the last 8 years on this issue enough.

EDIT: Wow, videohelp 'wikified' my words when I said "lame front-end". Maybe I should've said 'crappy front-end' instead. Pfft.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by -Habanero- View Post
    Maybe I should've said 'crappy front-end' instead. Pfft.
    Or write something better - i can be tester for this new tool!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ -Habanero-, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. XmediaRecode is a front end to ffmpeg. You can advance to "I-Frames" via the arrow key and I have no problems with video display resolutions. Here is a preview of hevc @ 1080p
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	XmediRecode.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	715.0 KB
ID:	38761  

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  19. I have no problems with video display resolutions
    I do. http://pasteboard.co/9vTiwODjZ.png
    The resolution is 720x480, NOT 704x576. If it's gonna give me a choice, at least allow me to type a custom one.

You can advance to "I-Frames" via the arrow key
    What is the "arrow key" first of all? Obviously not the four arrow keys on the keyboard because those do not advance by keyframes, they advance by seconds and the display doesn't update in tandem with that, making it more useless than it already is.
    By crappy front-end to MKVmerge, I was alluding to the idea that it's as unintuitive as MKVmerge. Useful only for two-second split jobs.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Question about the filter preview window. How to I activate the bottom scroll bar to scroll through the video? It was there in the original VirtualDub. The only option I have without it now, is to set the filter and go back to the main screen to determine how the filter is behaving throughout the video.

Otherwise, nice work!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Do you mean "View">"Position control"?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Gramps, the question is candidate to FAQ
    There is a time bar at the bottom, you should see it, just don`t realize it works
    If it still does not help post your screenshot.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see what you mean now about the time bar. No, I didn't realize that it worked there

Thanks!
    Last edited by Gramps; 31st Mar 2017 at 13:48.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Click image for larger version

Name:	timeline.png
Views:	402
Size:	562.8 KB
ID:	41101 I highlighted the new bar
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I had assumed it was dormant as in the old version.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I updated VD Filtermod recently and now it can't open AviSynth scripts, it says "FFMPEG: Unable to open file". Did I miss something ?
    I found out after deleting "cch_input.vdf" it works again.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Does your script have avs extension? Please provide example which is not opened.

There is a legal reason for such behavior: if you manually selected "caching input driver" in the driver override dropdown (see here https://sourceforge.net/p/vdfiltermod/wiki/OpenVideo/)
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    Does your script have avs extension? Please provide example which is not opened.

There is a legal reason for such behavior: if you manually selected "caching input driver" in the driver override dropdown (see here https://sourceforge.net/p/vdfiltermod/wiki/OpenVideo/)
    Of course it does.
    Scripts as simple as this :

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("C:\video.mp4.lwi")
    Won't open.
    I always used drag & drop with the old version and it never had a problem so I guessed this behaviour hasn't changed. After using "Open video file" and selecting "AVIFile/AviSynth..." it now works, Thank you.
    Couldn't this be automatically done/detected ?
    Quote Quote  
  29. The order in which drivers are listed in the drop down is their priority. "AVIFile" is already top choice for avs so is selected by default.
    Maybe you or someone else on your PC changed it?
    In any case, to restart from all default preferences you can delete the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VirtualDub.org
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    The order in which drivers are listed in the drop down is their priority. "AVIFile" is already top choice for avs so is selected by default.
    Maybe you or someone else on your PC changed it?
    In any case, to restart from all default preferences you can delete the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VirtualDub.org
    No, I haven't changed it and I'm pretty sure someone else hasn't either. I just copied and replaced the old version.
    I deleted the whole "VirtualDub.org" key and it still uses ffmpeg as default. I have to choose AVIFile manually for the first time.
    Quote Quote