VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello guys, i would like to put my ssa subs as an option on dvd movie... I used the convertxtodvd and did what i wanted but the quality of subs isnt that great.. Is any other program or combinations of programs that can help me?
    Last edited by TonyTheGreek; 4th May 2016 at 22:20.
    Quote Quote  
  2. MaestroSBT takes SSA subs as input and can output subs in SST format looking the same. Then use those SSTs in Muxman along with your DVD-compliant audio, video, and chapters as a celltimes.txt file to author a new DVD. Fix the colors afterwards in DVDSubEdit or PGCEdit.

If using your ConVertX DVD as a source, demux audio, video, and celltimes.txt using PGCDemux. Then, after creating the subs reauthor as described above.

Hello guys, i would like to put my ssa subs as an option on dvd movie...
    That'll never happen. They have to be converted to a subtitle format acceptable to your authoring program.
    Quote Quote  
  3. well the only thing that i want is to have subs for my video as an option not sticked in the video and the other thing is to have them wherever i want (position).. is that possible? cuz i made them with convertxtodvd and the only thing i dont like is the quality the rest i wanted i nailed them
    Quote Quote  
  4. Okay, now I understand. The word is 'Selectable'. You want them selectable - able to be turned on and off. And that's what you'll get. But they won't be SSA subs. Those are text-based and DVD subs are graphics-based. They have to be converted to DVD-compliant subs. Any authoring program will either convert them or accept subs already in the particular graphics-based format they require.

That's why I suggested MaestroSBT - because you can make them to look any way you like.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To hopefully save manono any additional typing, he answered all your questions in this post from July 2015: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/373192-How-do-I-burn-DVD-with-custom-subtitles-and-...-position-font
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @manono

There...now you have additional free braincells to answer some of MY questions. <GRIN>
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hehe, thanks. And somewhere around here are complete guides for the use of MaestroSBT.
    Quote Quote