VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

trying to make a copy of a navigation disc for my truck. the original disc works but my copy will not play. after i burned it i loaded both into vso inspector and have these results.

copy disc here
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dvd dl.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	36868

original disc here
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dvd orig.JPG
Views:	397
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	36869

my copy disc is showing media type as dl-dvd and not dvd-rom, could this be causing my non playing problem. anyone have a solution on how to get it to show as dvd-rom.

burned using imgburn (booktype dvd-rom)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try again
    create an ISO IMAGE copy of the disc ,and then burn the image as DL-rom 'DATA' not DVD-video
    Last edited by theewizard; 1st May 2016 at 18:20.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The op did burn the disc as data and is set to dvd-rom booktype so it's most likely the brand of disc you used,most people here will tell you for dual layer dvd always use verbatim.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm actually using verbatim dvd+r dl disc and still having errors. maybe my iso is corrupt.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Nav discs are VERY VERY difficult to copy. It's DATA and does not need to conform to anything like Redbook protocols.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I was able to make a successful copy years ago using my old hp desktop (forgot which drive it had) but now just getting hit with errors from the radio. Any ideas on how I can burn it or should I save my pennies and buy an updated oem disk
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    They often use the same type of copy protections used in console video games.....something like SafeDisc or SecuROM.....and some consoles actually read the disc from the outside-in....so standard computer drives do not know where to look in order to find some sort of lead-in data.
    There was an LG reader available years ago that could read backwards and create an accurate copy.....I think they started with the letters GS or something like that? Then there were specific burning instructions with certain software at certain speeds etc etc.
    It's a nightmare.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    umedisc-dl1-40 are the low end brand of verbatim from the life series,look for the verbatim with azo made in Singapore.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote