VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everybody.

I have a server with a DAC attached to it.

At the moment the only way to play music on the server is to attach a monitor mouse and keyboard to the server and play the music with windows media player.

For some reason I cannot connect with remote connection, because if I do, no sound comes out???

So the first question is: why is there no audio output when I use a remote connection to the server?

The second question is: is there an android app that can connect my android devices to server and play my music that way.

The apps i have tried so far only allow the server to send a stream back to the android device.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dennis
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What kind of remote connection? Windows Remote Desktop connection?

You can try something else like teamviewer and disable any audio forwarding.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi Baldrick
    Yes, Windows Remote Desktop connection.
    But I do not want to use something like teamviewer, I want a very simple interface if possible
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How much simpler do you need? Teamviewer is pretty danged simple (I use it daily at work).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi Cornucopia
    I don't want to operate a computer remotely.
    I just want to see my music collection select a record and press play.
    Is there an android app that can do that?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Many thanks Baldrick
    I will give that a try and report back as soon as I have tested it
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or search the google play store for other computer music remote controllers.
    Quote Quote