VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    A couple of years back I got a Dynex 32" 720p set. Recently got an Insignia 43" 1080p set. The remotes are configured differently but both work on either set - however the options display differently on the screen depending on which remote you use. Both the way the options look and the way you access them. Apparently there are different sets set of display options built into both tv's. Why is that?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's cause the they have the same remote ir frequency but placed in different ways for different tv sets,just generic options for cheap tvs.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    It's cause the they have the same remote ir frequency but placed in different ways for different tv sets,just generic options for cheap tvs.
    But why? Those options have to be programmed in. Why not just make one remote for all tv's that will accept them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    But why? Those options have to be programmed in. Why not just make one remote for all tv's that will accept them?
    As johns0 stated, it's just coincidence that the IR frequency is the same because they're probably made by the same low cost manufacturer. Buy another Insignia or Dynex set and it may have been made by a different manufacturer and have a completely different IR frequency and features.

If you want a remote that works the same for both sets (with the same button layout), you'll have to get a programmable All-In-One remote.
    Quote Quote