VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hello!

I can't rip NTSC DVD because whenever I rip it the audio not sync with the video although in the original dvd works fine, even I tried to slow down audio (from 25fps -> 23.976) no avail! the audio is sync in the begining and in the middle not adjusted.Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    We're gonna need a heck of a lot more info than "something's not working".

Disc title.
    Original pressed disc?
    Physical quality/cleanliness.
    Drive.
    Pc/Mac?
    OS Version# & bitness.
    Application & settings.
    and lastly and most importantly,
    Are you JUST ripping? Or are you ripping & converting? If so, what's doing the conversion?

Oh, and how do you know for certain that something is actually wrong?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanks for reply, Scott. It's just dvd copy (VIDEO_TS) in my hard desk not a disc. I just want to rip not to convert it. I played the VOB and sound was sync perfectly but when I try to rip it using x264 cli or virtualdub, etc.. the audio not sync with the video.
    Last edited by TeNSoR; 27th Apr 2016 at 14:27.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by TeNSoR View Post
    ...but when I try to rip it using x264 cli or virtualdub, etc.. the audio not sync with the video.
    Then you're not just ripping it (putting it onto the hard drive) but converting it to something else.

The problem is probably because of multiple VOB IDs. Think of them as the movie being divided into two or more parts. And after one part (the first most likely) the audio goes out of synch. Maybe the audio for the first VOB ID is shorter than the video. Maybe there's a considerable delay before the next VOB ID. Maybe there's a short VOB ID in the middle with no audio. When playing the DVD that's taken into account. When stripping the audio it's not and the audios are just joined. You can confirm or disprove this by opening the IFO in PGCDemux and ticking 'By Vob ID'. Then check to confirm there's more than one and that at the end of one of them is where your audio goes out of synch or that there's a real short one or that there's a delay for one of them.

You can extract the separate audio files, remove the delay (DelayCut) and then rejoin them for conversion. But, I might try, after putting the DVD onto the hard drive, using VOB2MPG on it before the conversion, check the synch, and then after conversion confirm there's no audio delay at that place.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Make a copy of the VIDEO_TS folder then run it through FixVTS.....or let FixVTS output as a copy.
    Making your own copy is safer.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    did you already 'RIP'/copy the videoTS folder to hard drive
    and it looses sync when played

or does it loose sync when you try to convert

Copied to the HDD is a RIP

changing to another format is 'Converting"

try vobtompeg then play that file

if that file is still in sync, use that for your conversion

DVDdFab will copy to your HDD or Convert the main movie directly to MP4 , using h264 avc codec
    Last edited by theewizard; 27th Apr 2016 at 14:51.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanks so much, guys I will try
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by TeNSoR View Post
    Hello!

I can't rip NTSC DVD ... slow down audio (from 25fps -> 23.976)
    This sounds like your "NTSC" source is 25fps. Are you sure your source isn't PAL?
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by drjtech View Post
    Originally Posted by TeNSoR View Post
    Hello!

I can't rip NTSC DVD ... slow down audio (from 25fps -> 23.976)
    This sounds like your "NTSC" source is 25fps. Are you sure your source isn't PAL?
    It's converted from Pal DVD, but I can't make the audio sync with the video
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    By all means.....please continue to give us as LITTLE information as possible....we LOVE that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    By all means.....please continue to give us as LITTLE information as possible....we LOVE that.
    Relax! the problem is solved and I could rip the dvd, thanks to you and all guys here.
    Quote Quote