VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to edit the audio-stream in a mkv, using chapter/time-code information from another mkv. And save only this edited audio-stream as one continuous stream. MKV-Toolnix keeps splitting the result into multiple files.

Is it even possible what I want or am I going about this the wrong way?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also google is driving me crazy. All Iget are links to split split split the end result into multiple files. I do not want to split the audio stream to multiple files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you really must know why I want this;

I have one batch of mkv files which has Japanese audio, and it uses "ordered chapters" which cut the intros from the video-streams.
    I have another batch of mkv files of this same series/season, which has english audio, but the intros have been left intact in the video-stream.
    Replacing the Japanese audio from batch 1 with the English audio from batch 2 will not sync.

Batch 1 does have the chapter information which contains the time-code where the external " intro" is to be inserted during play.
    I want to use this time-code information to cut the english batch audio-streams, save these audio-streams and mux them with batch 1.
    Last edited by Mazuda To Yo Da; 24th Apr 2016 at 18:56.
    Quote Quote  
  4. MKVMergeGUI has various splitting options that let you "split by parts" or "after frame numbers" or "before chapters" that should only split where you specify. If you're using one of the "split after size/duration/timecodes" options and MKVMergeGUI is outputting lots of files, specifying "2" in the "maximum number of files" section will ensure it only splits once.

I'm not sure how you'd go about directly using the chapter information from one MKV to split another, if that's want you're asking, but it's very late here and my brain's gone to sleep.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to edit the audio-stream i a MKV file. And extract it as 1 continuous stream instead of 2 or more parts. How do you do that?

I made a mistake in my post #3 and changed it. Hope it is much clearer now.
    Quote Quote