VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I use the following options on the video tab in the "Extra Options" box:

bluray-compat=1:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-decimate=1:vbv-bufsize=30000:vbv-maxrate=40000lices=4:ref=4:keyint=24:no-deblock=1:no-mbtree=1
    When I use mediainfo to check the final files, there is no mention of these options in Encoding settings metadata....how is one sure the so-called "Extra Options" are actually used? They appear to be, at least the maxrate comes out. Any reason why the "Extra Options" are not set in the metadat for mediainfo to see?

thx!
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  2. No settings at all? Usually x264 writes all it's settings (or almost all), not just the one's you change from the defaults. Unless the latest Handbrake uses a version of x264 that doesn't. I don't know as I'm still using an older version.
    You're not splitting the output files with MKVMergeGUI or anything like that are you? Generally after splitting only the first part will still have the encoder settings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am not splitting...just file in and file out. Here is what mediainfo tells me about the encoded file. I am attaching as image.
    As you can see, the maxrate of 40 is good, but there is no mention of any other options I asked for. I also asked for no deblock, which appears to be there as well. What GUI are you using? I am using the latest 0.10.5

Click image for larger version

Name:	vid.jpg
Views:	2000
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	36763
    Last edited by ron spencer; 24th Apr 2016 at 18:18. Reason: grammer....
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  4. Switch the information view to Text or HTML instead of Tree.

Here are the encoder settings for the same file using two different views:

Tree view:

Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / l
    Text view:

Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=19.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=17500 / vbv_bufsize=17500 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    It appears that in Tree view the encoder settings get cut off at the "L" in lookahead_threads.
    Last edited by HemLok; 24th Apr 2016 at 23:27.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @HemLok...LOL it is that easy!! You are right. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ron spencer View Post
    @HemLok...LOL it is that easy!! You are right. Thanks!
    You're welcome.

I ran into the same problem at one point and discovered the "solution" and oddity with Tree view when I was fiddling around and comparing the information in the other view formats.
    Quote Quote