VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Im new here so Hello to all

I have got a mp4 file that is 720p @ 50fps and I want to convert it to a PAL DVD.

I have tried convertxdvd but it seems to introduce frame stutter. Upon searching around I came across WinFF which has produced a very good dvd compatible mpeg2 file but the little frame judder is stil there. I have also just read about and tried AVS TO DVD which again produced a good quality mpeg2 file but still has that little judder.

Also when I converted my mp4 to dvd using all of the above according to "Media info" all file where still reading progressive??? would this cause the frame judder issue?

I am a newbie and not sure of the more advanced settings or scripts I can use to maybe get a better result but any help or advice in converting my 720p 50fps mp4 to mpeg2 dvd pal would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance and hopfully I have posted this in the correct area of the forum
    Quote Quote  
  2. I believe the all-in-one programs you mentioned are removing every other frame to go from 50fps to PAL DVD's required 25fps. So, yes, you are losing some fluidity of motion. What you want to do is interlace your source to 25i (50 fields per second) in the process of converting it for DVD. Unless someone knows of a program to do that automatically, you might have to do it on your own. You can do it in AviSynth. I don't know of other ways.

And if you don't want to interlace it then you'll have to put up with that slight stutter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    jjcinema1, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    jjcinema1, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Redwudz my apologies for that. I will try in the future to make the heading more direct to what the issue is.
    Thanks for correcting that on my behalf.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I believe the all-in-one programs you mentioned are removing every other frame to go from 50fps to PAL DVD's required 25fps. So, yes, you are losing some fluidity of motion. What you want to do is interlace your source to 25i (50 fields per second) in the process of converting it for DVD. Unless someone knows of a program to do that automatically, you might have to do it on your own. You can do it in AviSynth. I don't know of other ways.

And if you don't want to interlace it then you'll have to put up with that slight stutter.
    Thanks for the reply. I wouldnt mind trying this method out. Could you guide me through the steps please as im totaly new to the software.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jjcinema1 View Post
    I wouldnt mind trying this method out. Could you guide me through the steps please as im totaly new to the software.
    No, sorry. Since you state you know nothing about video conversion, I'd suggest you be satisfied with what you already have.

AvsToDVD uses AviSynth scripts so maybe they can be edited to created an interlaced DVD. But I don't use that program and someone else will have to show you how and where to do it. You might ask in the thread dedicated to AvsToDVD:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by jjcinema1 View Post
    I wouldnt mind trying this method out. Could you guide me through the steps please as im totaly new to the software.
    No, sorry. Since you state you know nothing about video conversion, I'd suggest you be satisfied with what you already have.

AvsToDVD uses AviSynth scripts so maybe they can be edited to created an interlaced DVD. But I don't use that program and someone else will have to show you how and where to do it. You might ask in the thread dedicated to AvsToDVD:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread
    Thanks. I do know a bit about video conversion but i wouldnt class myself as an expert thats why i came here to get some help and advice on converting my mp4 file. I will be sure to check out that link.

If any one can help me to convert my mp4 to pal dvd i would be grateful. Many thanks in advanced.
    Quote Quote