VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I haven't used media converters much, but when I needed one Oxelon seemed like the
    best choice. I want to convert a few AVI videos to WMV and I'm kind of lost.

To select WMV a tick must be placed in the "Show all" box. I've never used this feature
    before. The other boxes revert to default or are blank. The instant I saw that I thought
    about downloading a dedicated AVI to WMV converter, because I don't have the expertise
    to fill all those empty boxes. The problem is I need Oxelon's Width x Height option and
    several of the free converters I found googling lack this feature.

If there is a less complex AVI to WMV converter with an image size option that might be
    a better choice for me. If not, I'll need help filling those empty boxes.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could use the old windows media encoder 9. Choose to to convert a file and under Properties and Video size can you set the resolution/size.

But why do you need wmv?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The WMV format has been around for many years, but I'm trying different formats and
    sizes with some old AVI videos.

We all have VLC Media Player, but I did not know it could convert, resize, and cut videos.

Here is the info:

http://www.tweakandtrick.com/2014/01/convert-videos-vlc.html

If VLC can do a good job converting and resizing that's all I need.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, wmv has been around for many years.....but formats like mp4 with h264 video is much more supported and better nowadays. Plays in most devices. You can use vlc media player for that also.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 19th Apr 2016 at 03:01.
    Quote Quote